should i do it?

itislaw

I'm looking to trade in my 2002 escalade for a 07 MKX. It would be 39 month lease

its a fwd base model with the sunroof

would you do it? dealer is having the car shipped in from out of state tomorrow.

If you like it, sure why not? It won't be the last vehicle you ever own and obviously you're getting tired of the other truck or you wouldn't be shopping. Check 36 month lease again in detail, as going to 39-your rate goes up and you loose a couple points of residual. It should be roughly the same payment for a 36. I would stick with AWD unless you live in an area that doesn't see bad weather. Why not get a loaded Edge over a base MKX though??

Edited by kevinb120

I did it. I bought it last night. It's different from the car that I'm used to, but I think I like it.

I'll keep you posted.

Congratulations! :) Even though I drive dozens of different cars a week(including Edges), my personal cars are usually hot rods, so it took me a good week to get used to not being in something lowered. Driving my own vehicles on my time off is always different then driving various vehicles when I'm not at the dealer, its hard to explain the difference. I've really taken a liking to it, its just a damn good do-anything vehicle. Quiet ride and great turning radius and a lot of light coming through the roof, it's quite pleasant to drive. My Mustang is still on the lot and I took it to lunch yesterday, and was right back to speeding in no time. But I don't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would-for the cool factor 10% of the time, the other 90% with worrying about the car when it sits alone, dealing with it in traffic, getting followed by cops, other people constantly wanting to race, being trapped at home if it snows, etc, was getting old. When I have room for a second car I'll get another toy. The Edge makes a great 'can do' daily driver thats nowhere near as annoying as a huge SUV.