2007 navagition system questions

Just purchased a 2007 for edge and so far i like it but i have some questions about the nav system...

In the top right corner there is an R in a little box, anyone know what this means?

Can the headunit play movie DVD or only the nav DVD can go in that slot?

Is there a gain setting for the line in? Ive tried multiple devices and cables and its very low volume.

Ive gone through and unlocked restrictions while in motion (so the passenger can make changes while i drive) And thats the only changes ive made so far.

Overall im a little disappointed in the system. I would have thought there would have been bluetooth built in at the very least.

I also have this rather large box mounted under my rear view mirror, It looks factory but im not sure what it is, Does anyone have any idea what it might be?

I have an07 but no nav system. Sorry I can't help you. My 6 Disk dvd system has a line in with no input adjustment. It has pretty good line matching to regular inputs except my IPhone. I just crank the volume on the IPhone to compensate.

Ya im using the nexus 5 and iphone, both are cranked but still half what it should be.

• 1 year later...