Traction control engages on left turns

allport

I purchased a 2007 ford edge and noticed on medium to tight left turns the traction control will kick in. This is very dangerous on dry roads when changing lanes and all power is cut mid intersection.

I suspect its an fault abs sensor but only intermittent as i dont get an abs warning light. Any ideas? Ive been turning trac control off but it will still pulse the brakes when this happens.

I had this happen to my 2004 Ford Escape and it was a broken Tone ring. It wasn't too bad to replace. Corrosion formed under it and the ring snapped so when I hit the brakes the ABS would trigger every time.

Sounds like you have a similar problem but with traction control it will do it on turns because the outer wheel will spin faster. Your broken tone ring will be on the right side, opposite of the turning direction.

• Like 1

I had this happen to my 2004 Ford Escape and it was a broken Tone ring. It wasn't too bad to replace. Corrosion formed under it and the ring snapped so when I hit the brakes the ABS would trigger every time.

Sounds like you have a similar problem but with traction control it will do it on turns because the outer wheel will spin faster. Your broken tone ring will be on the right side, opposite of the turning direction.

Hmmmm ok ill take a look at the right side ring and see if its broken or just full of crap.

• 4 years later...