Loving living on the Edge

Vapor08

Hi everyone. I picked up my 2008 Limited about 10 days ago. I did alot of research before I bought this car. I was driving an '06 Freestyle and really liked it, but was thinking about trading for a new Taurus X, but like the Freestyle, the TX was almost impossible to find. My dealer had a few '07 Edge SEL Plus models on the lot, so I drove one, and I loved it, it just didn't have ALL the options I wanted, so I waited. I kept checking their inventory until I saw one that looked promising, when I went to look at it, it had not even arrived at the dealership yet. The salesman pulled the invoice and told me he would call me when it came in on the truck, which it did 2 days later. After my test drive I was sold, the only "complaint" I had was that they discontinued the Dark Amethyst Metallic for '08, so I went with the Vapor Silver. I don't usually like a multi-colored interior, but the light stone has grown on me. I had the dealer take my after market remote starter out of my Freestyle and install it on the Edge (as a condition of the sale, at no charge), I paid extra for a 2000 ft range when I bought it in February, and didn't want to settle for the Ford one. I did add some clear door edge guards as my 12 yr old can't seem to keep the door from hitting my husband's car in the garage, they look great. I am thinking about adding a chrome edge guard to the liftgate "just in case" the garage door is too close when it goes up.

The only thing I don't have is the NAV/DVD, have portables already. I am still learning to use the SYNC, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the power liftgate and the heated seats, and I really like not having my Sirius radio falling off the windshield every few days. I am looking for something to keep stuff from rolling around in the cargo area since the cargo net I have has nothing to hook onto, and I think I will look into some new floor mats, mine are getting pretty beat up by the 1 1/2 feet of snow we have in the last 10 days.

I really do love my car, and I am happy I found this forum for info!