New Keys for Ford Edge

Boston

Help!

I have a 2008 Ford Edge, with one set of keys. All was good until some petty thief stole my bag while on travel with my keys in it.

So how do I go about obtaining new keys when I have no original ?

You'd need to go to a dealer and prove you're the registered owner and have new keys cut and programmed.

Welcome to the community, Boston! :)

I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative on this forum, and my name is Tricia. Let me lend a hand, and add-on to what akirby said. If your keys are lost or stolen and an extra key is not available, you may have to have your vehicle towed to a Ford Dealership.

Vehicles key codes for the past ten model years may be obtained from your dealership to allow the dealership to cut a new key without having a current key available to copy. For security reasons, this information can only be provided to you in person by visiting the dealership. Once at the dealership, you will be required to produce two pieces of information:

-Personal Identification such as a valid Driver's License or a state-issued picture I.D.

-Vehicle documentation with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and the name of the person seeking the key codes. Examples could include: a current Vehicle Registration, current Certificate of Automobile Insurance, Vehicle Title, or Bill of Sale.

I’ll be here if you need me!

Tricia

• Like 1