MKX v SRX

itislaw

I haven't seen the SRX in any comparisons the last year, now that you mention it. I wouldn't consider it just based on looks. It's hideous IMO.

I actually own both. I recently asked the same question on a cadillac forum. It was interesting to see their responses. Check them out

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadil...incoln-mkx.html

I actually own both. I recently asked the same question on a cadillac forum. It was interesting to see their responses. Check them out

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadil...incoln-mkx.html

i had a look at the caddy forum, and went to the GM site to 'build and price' ... uck!

it's typical to read caddy owners comments that their rides are superior without really comparing the vehicles apples to apples.

the srx is another class above the mkx, simply because of the third row seating and longer wheelbase. the optional v-8 option is a plus though. there really is no equal footing to start from.

pricing is over the top, building an srx with the same mkx options is an easy $20K upcharge (like you said previously).

for us, two row seating is adequate with lots of cargo space, the interior/exterior finishes, handling, fuel economy and great looks are among the best in its class. if you don't need the third row seating and don't need the extra bulk and size, save the $20K. the mkx is unique with the edge, and i think all the full size cuv/suv's are same/old, same/old ...