OMG! My edge will be here tonite!

ug.mac

Hi all,

Just got call from the dealer and the delivery of my brand-new blazing copper Edge with Vista Roof will be tonight!!!!! Too bad I can't pick it up until this Sunday but I think I can wait for few days. The one I got is not a factory order since factory order will take 4~6 WEEKS to actually get one, so they found one on the way to another dealer in B.C and switching with them but I have compromised with a black interior.

I will post fotos once I got the car. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

BTW: I'm in Vancouver, B.C; order placed a week ago.

SGD

Hi all,

Just got call from the dealer and the delivery of my brand-new blazing copper Edge with Vista Roof will be tonight!!!!! Too bad I can't pick it up until this Sunday but I think I can wait for few days. The one I got is not a factory order since factory order will take 4~6 WEEKS to actually get one, so they found one on the way to another dealer in B.C and switching with them but I have compromised with a black interior.

I will post fotos once I got the car. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

BTW: I'm in Vancouver, B.C; order placed a week ago.

SGD

:( JERK... Mine is still missing in action...

Just kidding... Good for you!!!

Hey ug...did you get your edge yet? Have you taken pics yet? I am excited for ya... :happy feet:

Sorry for the late. And yes, I got my Edge on Dec,30,2006. But the weather here in Vancouver is really bad so I cannot really taking any fotos for my car. But I sure will when the weather gets better. :hyper:

So the first week impression are:

Pros:

1. Quite in cabin, and much less wind noise than any car I have drove when you open the moon roof.

2. Powerful acceleration at 3K~5K RPM, engine noise may louder when it just from a cold start and it will be muuuuuccccchhhhhh smoother when it warmed up.

3. Ride is very comfortable, very very comfortable I mean. Seats are comfortable for both front and back.

4. AWD works nicely in snow and heavy rain. No tire spinning on hill whatsoever.

5. Breaking power just as good as my Mazda 3 and better than Escape, but make sure you will never forgot you are driving a 4000 LBS CUV.

Cons:

1. I don't know if becasue it still in the breaking-in period but the gas consumption seems a little worse than I expected. Edge's computer gives me a reading of 16.6~16.9L/100KM, and this is about 50/50 city and highway. A friend of mine says his Murano is about 12~13L/100KM.

2. Door is little heavy to open, especially the rear door.

3. Rear window/side mirror defroster is slower than some sedan without the rear wiper.

4. The 'New-car smell' makes bitter taste in my mouth but interesting thing is it don't smells as strong as other cars but others won't give me that taste.

So the overall of my Edge is GREAT! Some people saying if you want quality you should buy a Japanese vehicle, but from my experience of my 06' Japan built Mazda 3 Sports GT and 07' Canada Built Ford Edge, my Edge's suspension won't making noise at speed bumps, seat belt lock won't make squish noise, signal lever won't feels like it will be broken if you operated fast, etc. So I'm very happy with my Edge and I just hoping the gas millage could be better. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: