Debating purchasing 2014 Edge from out of state

I'm trying to get my hands on a 2014 AWD Edge with 18" wheels and just my luck there are few in existence. I found one that would be perfect but it is in California and I will be registering my Edge in Michigan. My question to all of you is whether or not anyone has run into any problems getting a vehicle from out of state? Also, will I need to pay the sales tax twice- I have read so much differing information on this and have yet to find an actual document that answers this question from the DMV. Any help would be great. Thanks!

What is the exact vehicle you are looking for? What is making it so hard to find?

If you are finding ones that have 20", you could always swap with an owner who wants them and would give up the 18" and some cash.

Most states if not all will allow you to pay the tax only in the state you live in and are registering the car. Bigger concern is how are you getting it home? Transport companies are good, except you haven't done an inspection of the vehicle. Scratches, dings, dents, missing items, can all be said they were there or missing when the vehicle was picked up. If you do see it before shipping, take a lot of pictures and do an inspection of all items.

If you are driving it, you may have to get a temporary tag from your state, as some states will not issue one if you are out of state.