Annoying backup camera issue on new edge sport

Hello all!

I have a 2014 Edge Sport AWD with literally 500 miles on it I bought in January. The SUV is new to me I've always owned European sports cars, but with my wife and I expecting soon I figured why not try an SUV... So far I'm I like most things about the edge except for this ridiculously annoying issue with my backup camera. I've had it to the dealership twice and both times so far I've got the "we're sorry we couldn't replicate the problem" excuse both times. Wouldn't you know as soon as I get in the car it acts up again... So needless to say I'm a bit disappointed in the service department compared to my Audi dealers service on my other cars.

The issue is 90% of the time I use the backup camera and go from reverse to drive the touch screen goes into the phone menu instead back to the home menu. Now normally this would be a minor annoyance if you could just simply click back to home but you cannot. In order to get back to the home menu I literally will have to click on the bottom left Entertainment screen and once it loads I can click on home. If you try to touch any other place on the screen it is completely unresponsive until you go to the entertainment screen.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so was there some resolution the dealer was able to provide or have you just had to live with this on a brand new vehicle? The build date on the car was 12/2014 and it is completely up to date with all SYNC releases. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have uploaded a video showing the issue to YouTube to help display the issues. Sorry for some reason it will not let me embed the video so you'll have to clink the link.

https://youtu.be/19RMpDTGEA8