hi beam bulbs

Hi, I'm new here and I've been doing some here and there mods to my wife's '08 edge. I put an HID kit for the low beams and I love the pure white 6000k (originally had 5000k and they were very weak). Anyways, I don't know if I want to put another HID kit on for the hi beams because they aren't used that much (if at all now due to the bright lows) and I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on them.

I want as close to 6000k like the lows as possible and with a long lifespan. Any ideas? I found these but am skeptical.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/281624454263?nav=SEARCH

Same goes for fog lights.

Thanks!

The common issue I have seen people talk about with an HID high beam application is the warm up time. A lot of the time when you want or need high beams, you want or need them now so the warm up time doesn't work to well with high beams. This isn't a problem with the 2011+ since there is only one bulb and a shutter system for the high beams.

If your primary use is driving a long distance in the middle of nowhere with your high beams on then the warm up time won't be as big of an issue. It is all based on how you will be using them.

• Like 1