2014 Ford Edge owner

silveragemarvel

Got a bright red SEL last February with v6 (no ecoboost). The Edge has got to be Ford's best kept secret. Not too many easily seen on the roads. I've owned 5 Toyota's and decided to go with a Ford this round. I didn't like the Toyota styling this year plus the Rav4 only came in a 4 cylinder currently. I also had bad experience with local Toyota dealer. The Edge is mainly for the wife as she had to give up her 2006 Rav4 v6 to daughter. I compared 2014 to 2015 and I prefer the engine on the 2014. I didn't want a turbo nor a 4 cylinder, didn't want to pay for all the extra's on a 2015 Platinum that I could get on the 2014 SEL Only things that bothers me are the chrome clad wheels, puny roof rails and the rear wiper arm doesn't flip out. Edge doesn't have that hot rod acceleration like the v6 Rav but it's better for the wife.

Welcome. Did you get FWD or AWD?

The Edge is popular vehicle in this part of the country. But I know what you're saying about the California market. By the time I left California in 1997 a US automobile was already getting to be somewhat rare. California was always a huge market for Toyota. If memory serves correctly it was the number one selling brand out there. So an Edge is probably a unique machine out west.

• 2 weeks later...

Not too many of us are fond of the chrome-clad wheels. Any many of us (myself included) are embarassed to admit we didn't even realize they were plastic covers until it was too late!

I too prefer the beefier V6 to the Ecoboost. As to the body style of '14 to '15, I prefer the former (though the newer style will probably start to grow on me the more I see it.) But for now this old dog likes it in the 2nd gen styling. P.S. I drive a '13 SEL, FWD.

The wheels do look sharp though, and they will grow on you; just stay on top of them to keep them clean. A little Turtle Wax ICE spray wax and a plastic kitchen scouring pad or scrub brush will do the trick nicely at each wash. If you want to really protect them, give them a periodic coat of Collinite Metal Wax.

So, what color is the Edge? Post some pics.

Best of luck with it.