Powered Sub

Does anyone have any advice on what would be the best option for powered subs for the Edge? I am heavily considering the Infinity BassLink. (I'm also debating on going with something smaller and trying to put it under the passenger seat). I'm just not sure exactly where I will put it or how difficult it will be to install. I pretty much just want something that will give me some decent bass...not wake up the neighbors..but enough to vibrate my rear-view a bit. Also, I'm not sure if I should attempt to put it in myself. I was just going to add it to the existing system, so I know I'll need a converter, etc. I've not done any of that before and wonder if I should just shell out the $150 to Best Buy. Can anyone provide insight into how difficult it is to get the stock unit out of the dash, run the wire through the firewall, and conceal the wires going to the cargo area? OR, would I be better of throwing some Infinity Kappas in the doors and hooking up an amp to those? I'm just concerned that I won't get decent bass out of door speakers. Also, if I go with the powered sub, what additional materials will I need for the install? Basically, I just want something to add some bass to the weak factory system. Any info. anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys !!!

I'd find something that fits in the stock sub location which should be on the rear passenger side in the back next to the rear hatch. There is a possibility that the subwoofer wiring is also there (but don't count on it). The infinity Basslink you referenced should fit or be close. That would be an ambitious project for a first timer - I'd get someone to do it for you.

You should also upgrade your door speakers to Polk Audio or Infinity 5x7/6x8s. That will make a big difference in sound quality (but not necessarily a lot more bass).

Edited by akirby

I'd find something that fits in the stock sub location which should be on the rear passenger side in the back next to the rear hatch. There is a possibility that the subwoofer wiring is also there (but don't count on it). The infinity Basslink you referenced should fit or be close. That would be an ambitious project for a first timer - I'd get someone to do it for you.

You should also upgrade your door speakers to Polk Audio or Infinity 5x7/6x8s. That will make a big difference in sound quality (but not necessarily a lot more bass).

Yes, I figure I will eventually upgrade to Infinity Kappas in the doors and put an HD head unit in, too. I graduate from college in May and am trying to get the most bang for my buck for the time being (without buying crap that will not serve me later). Just curious...if I change the head unit, will my audio input jack in the console still work? How 'bout the steering wheel controls..? I probably will get it professionally done...less headache. Thanks for the advice !