Lowering seat

I am about 6'4" and test drove an 07 edge that had manual seats. Now with my new 08 with the automatic seats I have noticed that I could use another inch or so of head room. Most of the time I am find since the sunroof helps and I usually lean on the center console (which is more under the sunfroon) while driving anyway. I am also fine when I don’t style my hair (spiky.. which doesn’t help I know).

I would however love to hear if anyone knows of options to lower the seat or widen the sunroof a bit. Anyone done anything like this before? I love my Edge and am looking for options!

I am about 6'4" and test drove an 07 edge that had manual seats. Now with my new 08 with the automatic seats I have noticed that I could use another inch or so of head room. Most of the time I am find since the sunroof helps and I usually lean on the center console (which is more under the sunfroon) while driving anyway. I am also fine when I don’t style my hair (spiky.. which doesn’t help I know).

I would however love to hear if anyone knows of options to lower the seat or widen the sunroof a bit. Anyone done anything like this before? I love my Edge and am looking for options!

*chuckles*

Suggestion...Don't style the hair...*grins*

Okay, kidding...I just found your post to be a humorous anecdote for my crazy day...

Good luck with the head room...I would hate for you to be uncomfy in this awesome ride, due to the roof, and long legs...

Have a great day

pickupf150, 6'8" and no problems? I must just have all my height in the torso (poor people behind me :(). I will play around with the seat a bit more and see if I can get it lowered. Right now it just feels like I am really leaning back to not be bumping into the ceiling.

npggirl, don't style the hair?! That is just crazy talk! :yup:

pickupf150, 6'8" and no problems? I must just have all my height in the torso (poor people behind me :(). I will play around with the seat a bit more and see if I can get it lowered. Right now it just feels like I am really leaning back to not be bumping into the ceiling.

npggirl, don't style the hair?! That is just crazy talk! :yup:

lol...of course it is....*grins*

You have tried pushing down on the seat controller right? The seat moves up, down, back, forward, tilts up and down as well. Sorry for stating the obvious but you never know. My buddy that is 6'5" drove my edge with no problems.

I work in the software industry, obvious questions to people save me LOTs of time :) I am able to move the seat down as far as it will go and it wasnt low enough without leaning it back a bunch (more than I am used to). I'll see if I can play with it some more, maybe I am really just missing something.

I work in the software industry, obvious questions to people save me LOTs of time :) I am able to move the seat down as far as it will go and it wasnt low enough without leaning it back a bunch (more than I am used to). I'll see if I can play with it some more, maybe I am really just missing something.

I also didn't like the way the drivers seat felt. I am 6'2" 230lbs, with long legs. The seat seemed way back, down and too low for me.

I had the leather drivers seat reworked by an upholstery shop who added a denser foam and reworked the bolsters. He also added custom brackets to the power seat which moves the seat farther back, but -unlike the OEM- does not put you down lower and reclined. I sit upright with good thigh support and enuff headroom for my western wool hat. Check with a trim shop and explain the problem. They do great work.