2007 Edge

jhodson1016

• 3 weeks later...

Got my 2007 sel edge yesterday morning. It was a daily rental with less than 20,000 miles on it. Lots of features including the vista roof and audiophile stereo system. I am on cloud nine with this ride!!! It is the light sage with charcoal leather interior and those gorgeous 18" chrome clad wheels. I'm still trying to figure out how to turn on the heated mirrors and wondering what the deal is with rain sensor wipers? Bear with me, I traded in my 98 windstar for this.

I am offered the tricare extended warranty and I think I am going to purchase the additional seven years 140,000 Kilometers out of sheer infatuation with my EDGE.

Any thoughts on the ext warranty? Is it discussed on another thread maybe?

Thanks

Got my 2007 sel edge yesterday morning. It was a daily rental with less than 20,000 miles on it. Lots of features including the vista roof and audiophile stereo system. I am on cloud nine with this ride!!! It is the light sage with charcoal leather interior and those gorgeous 18" chrome clad wheels. I'm still trying to figure out how to turn on the heated mirrors and wondering what the deal is with rain sensor wipers? Bear with me, I traded in my 98 windstar for this.

I am offered the tricare extended warranty and I think I am going to purchase the additional seven years 140,000 Kilometers out of sheer infatuation with my EDGE.

Any thoughts on the ext warranty? Is it discussed on another thread maybe?

Thanks

The mirrors usually turn on with the defroster and I don't remember the Edge or MKX having rain sensing wipers (although my 200 Lincoln LS did and they were great). Check out the owner's manual online in case it didn't come with one:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owne...als/default.asp

They are also listed here on this site (somewhere).

My take on the extended warranty is if you can afford to pay cash for one (rather than finance it with the vehicle) then you can probably afford to pay for a repair and in the long run you'll come out ahead not buying any warranties. You may have the longer powertrain warranty (I assume you're Canadian and I don't know if the warranty is different) so check that. And make sure if you do buy one that it's a Ford ESP and not a third party.