Bluetooth Audio

So aside from constant door ajar warning, I've loved my car, up until now...

I don't know what happened, it started about 3 wks ago...my phone has been paired with my car since I bought it, no issues, even when I upgraded to a new phone. I was always able to use the voice command "bluetooth audio" and it would automatically start playing my phones music. Now? It just comes up on the screen saying 0 or 0 (as if no songs exist) and it says unknown for name of song and singer. I have to physically go into the music app on my phone to press play, then the car picks it up. But if I close the app on my phone, the bluetooth audio stops playing it too. I really don't want to do a complete reset because I have so many specific settings that I don't want to lose. I've called Ford, I have the latest version of software. I did a soft reset of the system which I read about somewhere on this forum (removing a side panel near the gas pedal and unplugging a plug and replugging it)...it turned off MFT and said it was updating...but no change once it came back on. Any ideas? It's getting really annoying. I'm in my car a lot so it'd be really nice to have my music automatically start playing again.

I haven't had the same problem, but some bluetooth/sync related issues. Initially I was a software version behind and wasn't getting the media information displayed at all, updated and that solved that. Since the update, every so often the car just stops hearing my voice commands, won't respond regardless of what I'm trying to do with or without a device connected, then if I don't do anything about it, it will lose my bluetooth connection as well. I attempted connecting with a different device all together with no success.

I tried the master reset within the software options, but that did not fix the problem. I reflashed the update, still didn't fix anything.

The only way I've fixed it is to pull the #29 fuse (on my 2012 Edge with just sync), then place it back in.

Then everything works great for a few weeks and the process repeats. Disconnecting the battery has the same effect, but resets more than just the radio/sync settings.

If you haven't pulled the fuse, give that a shot and see if you have different results.

So aside from constant door ajar warning, I've loved my car, up until now...

I don't know what happened, it started about 3 wks ago...my phone has been paired with my car since I bought it, no issues, even when I upgraded to a new phone. I was always able to use the voice command "bluetooth audio" and it would automatically start playing my phones music. Now? It just comes up on the screen saying 0 or 0 (as if no songs exist) and it says unknown for name of song and singer. I have to physically go into the music app on my phone to press play, then the car picks it up. But if I close the app on my phone, the bluetooth audio stops playing it too. I really don't want to do a complete reset because I have so many specific settings that I don't want to lose. I've called Ford, I have the latest version of software. I did a soft reset of the system which I read about somewhere on this forum (removing a side panel near the gas pedal and unplugging a plug and replugging it)...it turned off MFT and said it was updating...but no change once it came back on. Any ideas? It's getting really annoying. I'm in my car a lot so it'd be really nice to have my music automatically start playing again.

Hi Red2149,

I don't recommend pulling the fuse without consulting with the dealer. I know you're trying to stay away from the master reset, but it is the best thing to try initially. If you continue to experience issues, I suggest making an appointment with the service department. The instructions for the reset can be found here: http://owner.ford.com/sync-technology/pair-your-phone-sync-myford-touch

Please keep me posted.

Shaay