May I offer a suggestion to Ford?

How about installing a gate at the back of the storage lot so the first to order aren't the last to receive their new cars. Just a suggestion.

Another suggestion is that maybe you should build Dealer Stock Orders first on BRAND NEW vehicles and models. Why? Because you can work out the assembly line bugs on their cars and move them to the back of the lot. Then as everything goes smoother start running the customer orders so they get out of the lot first.

But, what do I know. I'm just a consumer. However, I am a consumer that ordered my vehicle back in August and it finally arrived today. I won't mention the fact that the dealer has about 8-10 stock cars. I could of taken a stock vehicle but they only had one Blazing Copper and it was FULLY loaded w/ leather and a Vista Roof which was more than I could spend. Still a very very beautiful vehicle.

Drove my car today and picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait. Looks to be one of the best vehicles to ever come out of ford. Thanks.

I know it seems like something a backgate would make it things smoother. But please accept my sincerelest apologies for your extended wait. You're not alone. Unfortunately with the launch being held back, thousands, and thousands of built units got held up, while units built in mid-December on were immediately put on trucks and rails and sent to the lots. Unfortunately due to the high volume of units stored away, and the time it took to retrofit everyone (five hours per vehicle, not including fetch time) there are no traces allowed. Sold retail orders have the number one priority followed by stock orders. I've been dealing with this situation with my dealers. My bigger dealers had the first orders in quantity, and who sells my first one? My smallest dealer, whom at less than 200 sales a year should really be select store. As for my Lincoln Mercury dealers, my top dealers units, stock and retails are held up, my smallest LM dealer sells not one, but TWO in December. It greats to report the first sales on these things, it's not great to step into the dealerships of my big volume guys, get chewed out by them, and even a customer in one case, and then proceed to sit down and do a wholesale for future production.

All in all, I hope the vehicle lives up to and exceeds your expectations and gives you many many miles of automotive joy. I really think here in the US we should have been playing that Canadian ad with the "Patience, patience..." Good things come to those that wait. :)

Hi !

Do you know what's the dead line for shipping the first build Edge in storage ?

i'm waiting for mine since long time.

The consumer's service said the mid of january maximum.

it's real ?

i'm very disapointed, i'm waiting since november the delivery.

Thanks

If you know your vin number post it because a couple of the people on the board can check it from within ford which is different than what the dealers have access to. My SEL said "AT GATE" and my SE said "IN STORAGE" within the ford internal system. However at the dealership BOTH OF THEM STILL SAY "IN STORAGE" even though the SEL arrived yesterday. But, keep your thoughts positive because my understanding is that neither of the systems are REAL TIME so the info might be wrong and your car might be a truck to your dealership.

I drove it last night and pick it up today. Either way I think you'll be happy with your new Edge. I am. However, I was and still am a little frustrated with how the communication went between Ford and the Consumers on where and when our cars will arrive. So, my excitement to have my edge back in August when I ordered it and November when I was suppose to get it isn't there anymore. You could practically give me a Minivan at this point and I would be equally excited. I'm hopping that changes as of tonight. Still a very beautiful vehicle. Drove great and very quiet. I sure hope those brakes work good. :)

Bill

If you know your vin number post it because a couple of the people on the board can check it from within ford which is different than what the dealers have access to. My SEL said "AT GATE" and my SE said "IN STORAGE" within the ford internal system. However at the dealership BOTH OF THEM STILL SAY "IN STORAGE" even though the SEL arrived yesterday. But, keep your thoughts positive because my understanding is that neither of the systems are REAL TIME so the info might be wrong and your car might be a truck to your dealership.

I drove it last night and pick it up today. Either way I think you'll be happy with your new Edge. I am. However, I was and still am a little frustrated with how the communication went between Ford and the Consumers on where and when our cars will arrive. So, my excitement to have my edge back in August when I ordered it and November when I was suppose to get it isn't there anymore. You could practically give me a Minivan at this point and I would be equally excited. I'm hopping that changes as of tonight. Still a very beautiful vehicle. Drove great and very quiet. I sure hope those brakes work good. :)

Bill

My vin is 2FMDK48C37BA27540

if people say information to communicate to me

i dream my car is on the way between Oakille and Mont-Tremblant QC