radiator and fan assistance needed

RenDumas

Hello all. I'm new to the group. From new Orleans 43 years old. We gave our son my wife's 2007 ford edge when we purchased her a new car last year. Last week he rear ended someone thankfully no one was hurt. He only carried liability insurance however. Here's the deal. It drove over to the house. I need to replace the front bumper cover the radiator and fan. I have purchased these items but I can't figure out how to secure the fan and radiator in place. I'm thinking I'm missing a bracket or something. Maybe it came off in the accident. Any pics of what your radiator and fan assembly looks like and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Ren:

Glad to hear your son is ok.

Here are excerpts from the service manual that may help you out. It should be pretty straight forward. There are plastic tabs and clips or pins that hold everything together. If some of the brackets are broken you may need to visit a junk yard or two to get those items. Screws hold the assembly in place, but the pins and clips do most of the work. The assemblies lift out and drop in for the most part.

The fan assembly replacement is well documented on this site and there is a youtube video for the bumper removal.

BTW, this is a great father-son teaching moment.

Good luck.

Ford Edge Bumperr.pdf

Ford Edge Radiator.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. I'll try the junkyards . I have put them in place but can't seem to figure out how to secure them . I'm glad he was ok and he was scared I would be upset and I was not because of the car but because he was careless. I'll go out and check for pins and clips again