3.5 Engine turned off

foxxyfox

Engine: 3.5 non-ecoboost

While I was in stand still traffic for about 20 seconds or so I noticed that the engine turned off. Then it displayed "full accessory drive" in the left screen (where it displays the speed). When I tried to accelerate it did not turn back on. To get the car going I had to shift into park and start the engine via push button.

For now I've disabled auto start-stop, (turns out the 3.5 does not have auto start stop). Anyone else has had this happen to them?

Update:

Did some searching and found this which is pretty similar to what happened to me.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults;jsessionid=2brVSH48BrhdX7yJb4NuoGQdyuQPoQrmnGOtRRvYauxoZ2khRvw4!427883026?prodType=V&searchType=PROD&targetCategory=A&searchCriteria.model=EDGE&stats=1984736%2C1%2C0%2C13%2C6%2CEDGE&makeStats=&jsonBaseURL=%2Fdownloads%2Ffolders%2F&searchCriteria.model_yr=2015&searchCriteria.make=FORD&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1984736

Edited by foxxyfox

what model you have? I thought I read in the manual that there is an Auto Engine on/off it will cause the engine to turn off and once you let go of the break or press it again that it would turn back on.

I have the 3.5 (non ecoboost), this engine does not have auto startstop. It has a feature called "Auto Engine Off" but that turns off the engine when it's been idling for 30 minutes.

4thmRYfl.jpg

If you have Auto StartStop (which I don't) you'll see this

qlOTXPdl.jpg

I'll start keeping my phone next to me to record if this ever happens again. :cry:

Edited by foxxyfox