2011 Edge wiring diagram

I want to put a line out converter for an amp in my suv, but for over two years I have not been able to find a reliable wiring diagram or print out. I have a 2011 Edge with MFT (no reverse camera) and the standard amp/speaker setup. Does anyone know the colours for the two front speaker wires?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but can you tell me where the amplifier is in your Edge? I have an 2013 SEL Edge with MFT and standard stereo.

I need to pull out my paper that I wrote it on this past weekend, but I know one of them was white, white/grey in my 2014 SE

Although it's a good time to mention that whether you are adding an amp for speakers or a sub the main thing you can do to get some better sound is to change the speakers. When you change the speakers first you can see the colors of the wires at the speaker.

The factory ones are awful and you DO NOT need an amp to change them. I prefer to only change the front speakers and leave the fader forward because I don't believe music needs surround , just good imaging. I used some 5x7/6x8 Infinity kappas and was very pleased with the sound with just the factory headunit powering them. An amp is better but honestly the biggest difference was in the speaker swap, and then the amp improved it a bit more, especially at high volume. If you have passengers that really care about audio quality that often you can change the rears too, but again I don't bother.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but can you tell me where the amplifier is in your Edge? I have an 2013 SEL Edge with MFT and standard stereo.

If your edge has an amp (basic stereo does not) it is behind the panel in the right rear of the cargo area. I "think" only the sub has an amp but I don't really know for sure. If you have a sub you would have a perforated grill in the back right. If no sub then you have a little shelf/cubby area there. I mounted my amp for speakers there. Google : Ford Edge sub to see pics.

Another question: Where should I tap into for the blue power on/off wire for the amp(s) i install? In my experience every car company uses different colours all the time for that too, I think on my last car (2008 mazdaspeed 3) I just tapped into the main power wire for the head unit and it worked fine. Would that also work for my Edge?

Got all my stuff ordered. I'll probably take pictures of the whole process and post them up after it's done. I got some MDF today to make a box for the two amps and the large cap once I get everything. I'm glad these cars already come with a pretty hefty 165 amp alternator. =) I took parts of the car apart today and I think I know how I want to tackle it and run all the wiring. Luckily it looks like there's plenty of enough room for my 0 ga power wire to run up the driver's side door threshold. I had 2 ga wiring in my Mazda and I had to do some "custom modifications" to get it to fit heh.

• Like 1

Remote lead won't work on anything behind the radio. They are all 3v or constant 12v. I used a fuse in the driver kick panel. # 35 or #36 I think. Most everything is constant but one of those is switched. Only issue is it turns off right at key off, not when you open the door. But that's fine. I ran my power wire through the big rubber grommet behind the parking brake pedal. It actually has a nipple on it that you can use to get a very tight connection. I removed my battery to get to it easier on the engine side. I put a hole through the nipple, greased up my wire with furniture polish ( don't laugh lol, worked great and won't leave permanent crud all over like soap or oil.