Rear Seat Removal

Does anyone have the shop manual pages for removing the rear seat bottoms (bench section) on a 2015 Edge? My car has with inflatable seat belts and heated rear seats, if that makes any difference. My daughter dropped a metal house key between the upper and lower rear seat cushions and it fell down somewhere and is rattling a lot. I can hear right where it is by where the right hand side and middle passenger seat belt buckles attach to the floor of the car , but I cannot see it. I have taken the rear cargo bins out of the cargo area in back, but I cannot see it from that side. Folding the seat backs down didn't reveal the key either.

I notice that there are two small white plastic tabs under the lower front edge of the rear seat cushion where the bottom edge of the cushion rests on the rear foot-well. When these tabs are pushed to the side, it releases latches on the the bottom edge of the seat, but the seat doesn't seem to lift up freely and the plastic tabs look really flimsy. I didn't want to force the seat bench up. The owner's manual doesn't say anything about these latches. Any help is appreciated. I just need to try to raise the seat bottom up enough to get my hand underneath and feel for the key.

I was able to remove mine quickly and easily.

Push the front clip (under the bench/front side where the legs rest) on each side.

Push the bench (toward the back rest as much as you can) and pull out the rear of the bench (each side separately).

I don't ok if it' clear (I'm a french guy)...

Frank, just want to confirm that your experience was with a 2015 model, correct? Also, I have heated seats, so there must be some electrical leads running into the seat bottoms. Did you deal with these connections when you removed the seat bottoms? Thanks.

Frank, just want to confirm that your experience was with a 2015 model, correct? Also, I have heated seats, so there must be some electrical leads running into the seat bottoms. Did you deal with these connections when you removed the seat bottoms? Thanks.

Yes, 2015 Sport awd

There's only 1 wire on the driver side under the bench. Easily disconnectable.

• 2 weeks later...

Frank, thanks for the information. I finally got a chance to go back and try getting the bottom seat cushion off this weekend. It took some wrestling, but I was able to get it off. The trick on my car was to lift the back edge of the seat bench up at the same time that I was pushing the whole seat towards the back of the car. Once I got the seat bench off, I was immediately able to to find the key that had been rattling there!

• Like 1