Just bought my Edge, have a couple of questions....

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I just bought my 2015 Ford Edge SEL 2.0 Ecoboost FWD.

So far I love it, but have a couple of questions...

Does the LED tail light that runs across the liftgate only light up in the Titanium and Sport?

I'm at 3600 miles so far and starting to notice small rattles. Near the driver side door handle, at the base of the steering wheel or around that area (that one is getting super annoying). The very last one is happening near the cup holder black trim area.

I would figure that for a brand new vehicle these rattles would start to show up higher up in mileage. Not this early.

Thanks in advance guys!

Does the LED tail light that runs across the liftgate only light up in the Titanium and Sport?

Yes.

I'm at 3600 miles so far and starting to notice small rattles. Near the driver side door handle, at the base of the steering wheel or around that area (that one is getting super annoying). The very last one is happening near the cup holder black trim area.

For the area near the steering wheel, do you have something in that little drawer thing on the left hand side? Not sure about the cup holder area, mine seems fine. Do you store a lot of items in the center console?

I would figure that for a brand new vehicle these rattles would start to show up higher up in mileage. Not this early.

Unless you have items stored in the car that are causing the rattling, it is caused by other things. Temperature due to expansion and contraction which makes the components rattle because they're made of all difference types of materials. Or the frequency of the car at any given time. In my experience, 4 cylinder engines tend to operate at frequencies that just so happen to be near the resonant frequencies of the materials used in cars. For example, my wife's 4 cyl Accord rattles slightly at stoplights and usually in the winter when it's warming up. This is one of the reasons that I chose the 3.5L V6 Edge.

In my experience, rattles start happening after the whole vehicle has settled in. That moment is also influenced depending on how hard you ride. OR...

You could talk to your dealer to find out if your vehicle had to be torn apart after it got soaked sitting on the lot. I hope not.

@ boilerhawk14: I have nothing stored in any of the storage compartments. I just find it kinda strange to start noticing small rattles like these. They are not too extreme or anything. Just something I would not expect from a brand new car.

@cv27: That may be the case, settling in may take a bit of time. I am a cautious driver and drive average.

I will for sure talk to the dealership once I take it in for the first oil change.

Thanks for the input...