Invoice Price

AlBeThere

Hello,

I'm shopping for a new 2007 Edge SEL Plus. Edmunds.com has removed invoice pricing for most 2007 vehicles. I've been using the invoice pricing at KBB.com.

The problem I'm having is the invoice price for the vehicle I want is showing $450 less on KBB.com than what the dealer is disclosing as the invoice price. I know I'm comparing exactly the same vehicle because the MSRP shown on KBB.com($35,155) matches the window sticker on the actual vehicle at the dealer.

Is the dealer showing me a bogus invoice price in order to make some more money and still say they're selling me the car at their cost?

It seems like KBB.com has always been accurate in the past. Does anybody have access to Ford invoice pricing or know about what the mark-up would be on a vehicle with a MSRP of $35155? This price includes the destination fee of $705

Thanks

Hello,

I'm shopping for a new 2007 Edge SEL Plus. Edmunds.com has removed invoice pricing for most 2007 vehicles. I've been using the invoice pricing at KBB.com.

The problem I'm having is the invoice price for the vehicle I want is showing $450 less on KBB.com than what the dealer is disclosing as the invoice price. I know I'm comparing exactly the same vehicle because the MSRP shown on KBB.com($35,155) matches the window sticker on the actual vehicle at the dealer.

Is the dealer showing me a bogus invoice price in order to make some more money and still say they're selling me the car at their cost?

It seems like KBB.com has always been accurate in the past. Does anybody have access to Ford invoice pricing or know about what the mark-up would be on a vehicle with a MSRP of $35155? This price includes the destination fee of $705

Thanks

The kbb pricing is accurate for the items listed and the dealer is giving you the correct invoice price. There are at least 2 things that are on the actual invoice that aren't listed in kbb, edmunds or any other place: Advertising and Fuel. The fuel charge is just enough gas to get it on and off the delivery truck and it's usually just a few bucks, but it does fluctuate with gas prices. The other is a fee paid to local dealer associations to help with local advertising. It also fluctuates by vehicle and by location - it's not a fixed charge on all vehicles. It averages around $400 from what I've seen. Because of the variability of these charges they can't be accurately represented by kbb or edmunds or anyone else.

So just add $400 or $450 to the kbb pricing and you'll be very close.