Another issue with my 2015 Edge Sport

Alex Moose

So maybe some of you might remember my leak post back in May for my Edge.

So far after that I've had:

Constant Rattling from the panaramic roof.

Auto lift gate not working.

Half the ambient lighting failing.

Water in my rear tail lights.

3 nails so far in my tires(my fault).

My airbag sensor light is on every time I drive for the past week.

And finally yesterday, my ford "touch" no longer allows me to touch. Literally doesn't work. Screen works, I can use voice commands, but can't touch it.

Probably the worst experience I've ever had with a car and cannot wait to get rid of it. Thank God I signed a dirt cheap 2 year lease.

This was my first car I got myself, in my name entirely and everything, I'm only 19, big bummer for a first car.

Anyone else have the touch issue?

Sounds like you may have a short due to a water leak. My uncle had a mustang that had a small water leak. A slow trickle landed on the body control module and caused some of the pins to turn green. This in turn caused several electrical problems. The corrosion was not visible from the outside on the box. After sealing the leak, I pulled this small box out, opened it up and did a thorough cleaning. That fixed all his problems. I would say all the electrical stuff is failing because of 1 problem somewhere. Maybe a crushed harness or more likely something wrong with the body control module. Check for leaks around it. Unplug the battery and then unplug the module and look at the pins. Since you've had an issue with the (A pillar?) water leak, I think I'd start with the BCM, if that's what they're still calling them. It controls most everything electrical in the car.

I haven't had those specific issues but the quality of the fit and finish on our has been awful. Been in the shop 3 times for over $4,000 in warranty work to get most of it fixed. Luckily we got ours after the leaks got fixed. Condensation in all of the exterior lights. This is our first new car and first Ford. We don't plan on going back. Sadly mechanically it has been awesome and the power is pretty addicting.