Headrest loops

I mentioned this in a post in the Welcome Forum, but not too many people may have read that, so I thought I'd ask about it here (I think this is the appropriate place anyway). This is my question: What is the purpose of the loops that are around the rear headrest guide posts? They're also attached to the rectangular plastic pieces that tuck inside the small pocket in the back of the seat. I posted a couple of pictures to show what I mean, but mine are unattached because I removed the headrests to install child carseats. My wife speculated that maybe the loops are a place to hang the headrests if they are removed since there's no storage in the vehicle for the headrests, but if they did hang I'd think they would just kind of flop around while driving. Any thoughts or ideas about them?

post-39776-0-61785500-1455506115_thumb.jpg

post-39776-0-67579100-1455506116_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much, omar! That makes sense. I looked in my owner's manual (it's a used 2010, but the manual wasn't missing as they are sometimes in used cars), but I couldn't find it. I wasn't sure where to look in the index either. I would go out to get the manual to look now, but we're getting snow that's supposed to last all day so I'm not going out unless I have to...! But at least now I know what they're for.