Sync Update

Trying to do the latest update via USB flash drive, EAST-14D544-AD.Zip file. The process started about 2 hours ago and still not finished. How long does it takes and if I abort the update can it be restarted later on? Nowhere do I find in these Ford links about Sync what to do if the update fails.

2011 Edge Limite AWD, loaded.

Negative...ran over 3 hours and spend another 2 -3 hours trying to complete it. Called 1-800-392-FORD twice and was told there are some issues with this update version. Recommended to take it to the dealer which I am doing tomorrow. One of your Techs told me that it was safe to shut down the engine and remove the flash drive with the update and Sync would revert to the previous version. No need to tell you that it did not and now I have nothing even radio.

Is there anything I can do between now and tomorrow appointment?

Shaay: Sync Update issue is corrected, Dealer found an issue with the APIM and the work order shows that they "updated APIM via USB drive - retest OK".

Had experienced issues whenever the MFT or Sync was doing "scheduled updates" in that the system will bombed-out and not reload until after the vehicle

was turned off for a few hours. Had a bad experience in a trip to the East Coast when I needed the Navigation maps software the most. Morning after

arriving at the destination the MFT/Sync was performing as if nothing had ever happened. What I have read indicates this "APIM" module has a history of

problems so will take that into consideration the next time an update is available.

Thanks for you insterest and hope those reading these postings can benefit from them - have the dealer check the Advance Protocol Interface Module (APIM)

if they are having problems performing the flash drive updates or with the automatic "schedule maintance updates".

Closing this as Lesson Learned: 0001

Shaay: Sync Update issue is corrected, Dealer found an issue with the APIM and the work order shows that they "updated APIM via USB drive - retest OK".

Had experienced issues whenever the MFT or Sync was doing "scheduled updates" in that the system will bombed-out and not reload until after the vehicle

was turned off for a few hours. Had a bad experience in a trip to the East Coast when I needed the Navigation maps software the most. Morning after

arriving at the destination the MFT/Sync was performing as if nothing had ever happened. What I have read indicates this "APIM" module has a history of

problems so will take that into consideration the next time an update is available.

Thanks for you insterest and hope those reading these postings can benefit from them - have the dealer check the Advance Protocol Interface Module (APIM)

if they are having problems performing the flash drive updates or with the automatic "schedule maintance updates".

Closing this as Lesson Learned: 0001

Great to hear! If you have any other SYNC questions, don't be shy. :)

Shaay