B2292 - B2295 Error codes

georgetown

I brought my edge to a mechanic shop and found out a rat chewed thru my wires to my drivers side seat air bag so I just took my car from the idiot because I was scared of more damage. I reconnected the wires but for some reason the airbag light is on and I am getting error codes B2292 & B2295. Anybody ever run into this before?

Thanx for any help

Restraints Control Module (RCM)

WARNING: Do not handle, move or change the original horizontal mounting position of the restraints control module (RCM) while the RCM is connected and the ignition switch is ON. Failure to follow these instructions may result in the accidental deployment of the safety canopy and risk of serious personal injury.

WARNING: The restraints control module (RCM) orientation is critical for correct system operation. If a vehicle equipped with an air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) has been involved in a collision in which the center tunnel area has been damaged, inspect the mounting and bracket for deformation. If damaged, a new RCM must be installed whether or not the air bags have deployed. In addition, make sure the area of the RCM mounting is restored to its original condition. Failure to follow these instructions may increase the risk of serious personal injury or death in a collision.

CAUTION: Prior to removal of the restraints control module (RCM) module, it is necessary to upload module configuration information to the scan tool. This information needs to be downloaded into the new RCM module once installed. Refer to Section 418-01.

NOTE: When installing a new restraints control module (RCM), always make sure the correct RCM is being installed. If an incorrect RCM is installed, erroneous diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) will result.

The restraints control module (RCM) carries out the following functions:

• deploys the air bag(s)/safety canopies in the event of a deployable collision.
  • activates the safety belt buckle pretensioners to remove slack from the safety belt in the event of a deployable collision.
  • monitors the supplemental restraint system (SRS) for faults.
  • sends a message to the instrument cluster module to illuminate the air bag warning indicator if a fault is detected.
  • communicates through the data link connector (DLC) the current or historical diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs).

The RCM monitors the SRS for possible faults. If a fault is detected, the RCM will request illumination of the air bag warning indicator.

When the ignition is cycled (turned OFF and then ON), the instrument cluster will prove out the air bag warning indicator by lighting for 6 seconds and then off. If a current SRS fault exists, the RCM requests illumination of the air bag warning indicator and will remain illuminated for the rest of the key cycle. During that same key cycle some faults that recover, i.e. Loss of Communication with the PCM, the RCM will send a request to the instrument cluster module to turn the air bag warning indicator off IF no other fault is present. The RCM will also communicate the on-demand (current) and continuous (historical) DTCs through the DLC, to the scan tool. If the RCM requests illumination of the air bag warning indicator and the air bag warning indicator does not function, the instrument cluster module will automatically activate an audible chime. The chime is a series of 5 sets of 5 tone bursts. If the chime is heard, the SRS and the air bag warning indicator require repair.

The RCM includes a backup power supply. This feature provides sufficient backup power to deploy the SRS in the event that the ignition circuit is lost or damaged during a collision. The backup power supply will deplete its stored energy approximately one minute after the battery ground cable is disconnected.

Pinpoint Test G: DTC B2292 — Restraint System — Seatbelt Pretensioner Fault

Refer to Wiring Diagrams Cell 46 , Supplemental Restraint System for schematic and connector information.

Normal Operation

The restraints control module (RCM) monitors safety belt buckle pretensioner circuits for faults. The RCM will set a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) if a short to battery or short to ground fault is detected. The RCM will also set a DTC if the loop resistance is less than 0.9 ohm or greater than 5 ohms. The normal expected resistance range is 1.23 to 3.31 ohms. If a loop resistance is between 0.9 and 1.23 or between 3.31 and 5 ohms, a DTC will not set but there exists a strong potential for an intermittent fault. If the RCM detects one of the following faults on any of the safety belt buckle pretensioner circuits, it will store DTC B2292 in memory and send a message to the instrument cluster module to illuminate the air bag warning indicator.

NOTE: When monitoring fault and/or resistance PIDs with the scan tool, it may take up to 2 seconds for the scan tool display to update.

Fault Conditions

The RCM monitors for the following fault conditions:

• Loop resistance less than 0.9 ohm (low resistance)
  • Loop resistance greater than 5 ohms (circuit open)
  • Circuit short to voltage
  • Circuit short to ground

Possible Causes

A safety belt buckle pretensioner fault can be caused by:

• damaged wiring, terminals or connectors.
  • a faulty safety belt buckle pretensioner.
  • RCM is faulted.

Pinpoint Test J: DTC B2295 — Restraint System — Side Air Bag Fault

Refer to Wiring Diagrams Cell 46 , Supplemental Restraint System for schematic and connector information.

Normal Operation

A side air bag module provides protection of the thorax area (between the neck and abdomen) of the body, working in conjunction with the head protection provided by a safety canopy module. Refer to Air Bag and Safety Belt Pretensioner Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) in this section.

The restraints control module (RCM) monitors the side air bag module circuits for faults. The RCM will set a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) if a short to battery or short to ground fault is detected. The RCM will also set a DTC if the loop resistance is less than 0.9 ohm or greater than 5 ohms. The normal expected resistance range is 1.23 to 3.31 ohms. If a loop resistance is between 0.9 and 1.23 or between 3.31 and 5 ohms, a DTC will not set but there exists a strong potential for an intermittent fault. If the RCM detects one of the following faults on any of the side air bag circuits, it will store DTC B2295 in memory and send a message to the instrument cluster module to illuminate the air bag warning indicator.

Fault Conditions

The RCM monitors for the following fault conditions:

• Loop resistance less than 0.9 ohm (low resistance)
  • Loop resistance greater than 5 ohms (circuit open)
  • Circuit short to voltage
  • Circuit short to ground

Possible Causes

A side air bag fault can be caused by:

• damaged wiring, terminals or connectors.
  • a faulted side air bag module.
  • a faulted RCM.

2007 Edge Supplemental Restraint System.pdf

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W