Anybody have a different offset wheel?

Haven't had much luck getting any responses for technical wheel/tire info but thought I'd give it another shot.

The 20" OEM wheels are 7.5" with a 44mm offset.

When jumping to an 8.5"-9.0" width, a 38mm offset is recommended.

I'm looking to go to a 30mm offset and I believe to do so, would need an extra 1.05" of clearance from edge of tire to outer fender. I believe the distance from centre is 2.77" with stock and 3.92" with a 30mm offset. Has anybody done this? I will be measuring later tonight but was curious to hear if anybody has used a wheel with a lower offset. Since it's a lower offset, the concern is the wheel well and outer fender and I shouldn't have to worry about any clearance issues with the suspension parts. I guess I will also have to take into consideration that the 22" tire I will be using has a larger diameter by 0.75"/2 (.375) over stock as well so I guess I would need a total clearance of 1.425" or 1.5" to be safe...hmmm.

Haven't had much luck getting any responses for technical wheel/tire info but thought I'd give it another shot.

The 20" OEM wheels are 7.5" with a 44mm offset.

When jumping to an 8.5"-9.0" width, a 38mm offset is recommended.

I'm looking to go to a 30mm offset and I believe to do so, would need an extra 1.05" of clearance from edge of tire to outer fender. I believe the distance from centre is 2.77" with stock and 3.92" with a 30mm offset. Has anybody done this? I will be measuring later tonight but was curious to hear if anybody has used a wheel with a lower offset. Since it's a lower offset, the concern is the wheel well and outer fender and I shouldn't have to worry about any clearance issues with the suspension parts. I guess I will also have to take into consideration that the 22" tire I will be using has a larger diameter by 0.75"/2 (.375) over stock as well so I guess I would need a total clearance of 1.425" or 1.5" to be safe...hmmm.

mine are a 22x8.5 with a 285/35/22 tire..38mm offset and tire overall width is 11.22" . These do not rub at all. You should have no problems with 38 +/- that..why are you wanting a 30mm offset?

Ya, i just took a quick look at the wheel well and the tires seem to have tons of room in there. The reason I'm going with a 30 offset is because the wheel I want is only available in that offset. I talked to a number of wheel/tire retailers and the only real concern with offset is fitment. They will never recommend you deviate from the recommended offset but that's because it's not listed on their fitment guides and won't be held liable for a wheel/tire combo that they can't guarantee will fit.

Just to note, I think you must have meant you have a 9.5"...there is no way a 285 wide tire would fit properly on a 8.5" wheel. I have spent the last 2 days calling every tire manufacturer I could think of and a bunch of wheel/tire retailers just to find some technician to tell me that I could fit a 265 tire on a 8.5" wheel and not one of them said it could be done. They said there were serious safety concerns when mounting a tire that is too wide for the wheel. a 265 tire requires a minimum wheel width of 9.0". I just checked some specs online and most 285mm tires have a minimum wheel width of 9.5 so I'm assuming the 8.5" was a typo and you actually have a 9.5" wide wheel.

I actually had purchased a 265 on an 8.5" wheel and had to return them as all the 'experts' said it was very dangerous to do that. I called Yokohama to report that the retailer was mounting wheels that were too narrow and they said it must have been a mistake since no authorized dealer would do such a dangerous thing.