Volunteer fireman emergency lighting

tpm419419

Hello

Anyone get creative and install strobes, dash lights, etc on their Edge? I have a single dash mounted blue LED strobe that is held on to the windshield by suction cups. Thinking about putting some strobes in my tail lights.

Pictures would be nice if you have them.

Thanks

Here is my Edge...... I have put in strobes. Difficult job in front as you must remove entire front bumper and grill to remove headlights/markers. To install strobes w/o removing headlight assembly causes shavings to accumulate in the housing ( dont ask how I know) use a shop vac in the removed hi beam lamp hole to vacuum while drilling. Do the same in the rears ( dont ask again)

CIMG1012.jpg

CIMG1004.jpg

CIMG1003.jpg

CIMG1006.jpg

CIMG1010.jpg

CIMG1011.jpg

CIMG1026.jpg

CIMG1030.jpg

CIMG1015.jpg

CIMG1016.jpg

CIMG1017.jpg

Here is a link to a video...

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee224/c...nt=CIMG1013.flv

Edited by chazman1117

Now that's an installation!

Very nice job indeed. How did you go about installing the LEDS on either side of the rear lic. plate? I have a 3 year lease so I don't want to get crazy. I see you are from NY, I'm on the Island myself.

Thanks for the pictures and the video was great

All of my electronics are located in the spare tire well. For the rear Lic plate I threaded the leads thru the rubber boot that goes from the vehicle to the rear hatch, this was a major PITA. The rear trim panels (all of them in the car, in fact) come off real easy just pull the two screws in the hand holds and they just pop off. I was then able to remove the entire back trim piece ( ford logo) that has the lights for the plate in it by unbolting 4 nuts, these are found below the rear glass in access holes. You will need an extension and a deep socket. I then threaded the wires for my lights thru the existing weep/drainage holes and attached them with 3m tape. No drilling necessary! ( I bought mine so I can go a little further, call me a whacker)

Edited by chazman1117

• 5 weeks later...