HID's in a MKX with adaptive lights

I've decided to order a set of 35W 5000K. I hope the MKX adaptive lights are H11's like the Edge.

If you haven't ordered yet, PM me and we can discuss the adaptive lighting and your options. I also sell the HID upgrade kits, so i may be able to get you better pricing. Keep in mind my kits carry a lifetime warranty.

• 2 months later...
I wonder if ColdOnes did the MKX HID light upgrade? I am thinking of a 08/09 MKX and the FIRST thing I do is add the HID's to the adaptive projectors! Any insights?

Yep, I ended up buying a set of 5000k and they work perfect. The projector lamps that come with the MKX make them look like a factory set of HID's. I had to ensure there was plenty of slack in the wiring because when the headlights would turn they would unplug themselves !

I was torn between 5000k and 6000k and I'm glad I chose the way I did. They 5k's have a nice little flicker of blue depending on what angle you look at them. Couldn't be happier. I bought them from retrosolutions ebay auctions. They are cheaper on his Ebay listings than they are in the group pricing listed on this site.

Yep, I ended up buying a set of 5000k and they work perfect. The projector lamps that come with the MKX make them look like a factory set of HID's. I had to ensure there was plenty of slack in the wiring because when the headlights would turn they would unplug themselves !

I was torn between 5000k and 6000k and I'm glad I chose the way I did. They 5k's have a nice little flicker of blue depending on what angle you look at them. Couldn't be happier. I bought them from retrosolutions ebay auctions. They are cheaper on his Ebay listings than they are in the group pricing listed on this site.

X-cellent!! I just test drove (again) a MKX today and was under the hood looking at the head light module. So glad to hear they work, I bet they look great with the MKX's projectors. I am set on a MKX just holding to see what 2009 brings. Will get a set through retrosolutions as well.

Thanks for posting!

• 1 year later...

Did you use the relay?

• 10 months later...