Sync 3 / Pandora / iPhone / USB - Complete Lock Up

So driving yesterday i plug my iphone into the usb port in front of the shifter. Normally my phone is detected via BT. Now Sync 3 sees it connected via USB.

In Audio - i select the pandora application.

All is well, my phone is charging and i'm listening to music.

Then nothing. No music, phone goes back to normal (was showing the Ford logo with the up/down arrows) and the Sync 3 screen is unresponsive.

None of the navigation keys on Sync 3 respond. I then unplug my phone and Sync all of a sudden wakes up and switches back to the radio and returns to normal.

I think it's a fluke. However this happens 3 more times.

This happens if i connect to the iphone and play pandora, or use the pandora app from Sync. Otherwise it seems to work fine. I can consistently replicate the issue but the amount of time that goes by before it locks varies from 5-10 minutes or so. Disconnecting the phone from the USB port is the only resolution.

Hi commbubba19,

Are you using the USB cable provided by Apple? I also suggest trying a system reset: www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/SYNC-3-Supplement-version-2_sycsy_EN-US_10_2015.pdf

The instructions are on page 113.

Shaay

Edited by FordIVTteam

Hi commbubba19,

Are you using the USB cable provided by Apple? I also suggest trying a system reset: www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/SYNC-3-Supplement-version-2_sycsy_EN-US_10_2015.pdf The instructions are on page 113.

Shaay

I am using a standard Apple USB Lightning cable. I will try the reset.