LIE (Long Island Edge)

DMiller514

Just picked up mine today. 07 SEL AWD,...upgraded from an escape hybrid,...OMG!!!

Cant wait to find out all the things I can upgrade. Im missing out on a lot of options that Id like to add. I bought used & couldnt afford new. I have the 6 disc mp3 changer but would like to add sirius, nav & audiophile suystem,...is that all possible to add after the fact? Obviously I want to keep it all factory.

Hello and welcome to both of y'all.

Nothing wrong buying used - is saves the wee pocket book eh?

My opinion on the Factory Sirius is it sounds tinny. Now, this is my first exposure to SAT radio. I will not renew the subscription. Now if you do not hear it, go for it. My thought is that most likely, maybe, after market Sirius is better.

A lot of the people here are not happy with the Factory Nav - it does not have a lot of POI - search and you can read their gripes. I have a Garmin 350 mounted to the dash under the rubber mat.

The audiophile is good - not great. After market is better, but for factory, I can not complain. It is better than my factory Bose in my Mazda. Who uses a 5.25" sub anyway (RE my Mazda).

Good Luck all

Solas

I had the Factory sirius in my 06 Lariat and loved it- I like things kept factory but just found out that I couldnt add the audio file systm anyway. What are the gripes with the factory Nav?? How does your Garmin look? I dont want to run wires or anything like that & have to attatch to the windshield.

Glad to see so many fans out there. Also happy that Ford expanded the colors available for '08. I got mine in White Sand with Camel interior, roof rails, 18" painted alum. wheels (sharp!). After 3 Explorers I needed a change and the Edge fit the bill. Rock on Edgers!

My White Sand with 18 chrome app. wheels, nice! Its night and day with those wheels. Love this car...gets so many head turns and compliments. The best was after we picked it up and stopped at a light, this lady was in some Nissan SUV rolled down her window and said love your car! thats when i knew i made a great choice...so glad did not go with Creme Brulee...when i see them on the road now...they just look awful...go for the White Sand...awesome color...

post-2916-1205259833_thumb.jpg

Cool Beans! I just got off the phone with my dealer. He is locking in my 08 White Sand with Med. Stone Leather, Limited AWD, 18"s Chrome clads, Sirius, Cargo, BAMR, All Weather Mats. This very hard decision came over the 08 Mazda CX9 GT AWD, but not by much. That 9 was SWEET! Much better interior and Trans IMHO. Anyway we think we made the correct choice! Doug