Please help me decide when to order

Hello all, the lease on my Mazda is up in June/July and we're going to order and Edge but I'm wondering when to order and whether I should wait for the 2009 models.

1) I know there's a sport model coming for 2009 and it looks sweet, but does anyone know what changes we'll see on the Limited for 2009?

2) When will the 2009 models be available to order?

3) How long can I expect to wait for delivery?

4) Any word about upcoming incentives or price reductions for Canada/Ontario? It's maddening to pay thousands of dollars more than our US friends when I can hit the Edge production line with a stone from my house...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob

Wow, 50 views and not one reply. Can anyone help me out here? Any info/guidance/direction is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Hello all, the lease on my Mazda is up in June/July and we're going to order and Edge but I'm wondering when to order and whether I should wait for the 2009 models.

1) I know there's a sport model coming for 2009 and it looks sweet, but does anyone know what changes we'll see on the Limited for 2009?

4) Any word about upcoming incentives or price reductions for Canada/Ontario? It's maddening to pay thousands of dollars more than our US friends when I can hit the Edge production line with a stone from my house...

Rob

Rob

Hi Rob. :D I have seen information on the Blue Oval Forums stating that the JOB 1 production date for the 2009 Edge is 9/2/08 (I can't vouch for the accuracy). The "Order Bank" will "usually" open up approximately 2 months before the JOB 1 production date. As the year progresses, your Dealer should be able to give you more accurate dates.

If you are within a stones throw of the production line, you can probably expect delivery in 5 to 7 weeks of order time, if you order after JOB 1 production begins. Now must add all the disclaimers about production delays, Dealer allotment problems, transportation delays, etc etc. Again, your Dealer should be able to give you more accurate information, when you are closer to ordering.

I can't help with any information on questions 1 and 4. Much too early to accurately predict that information. Changes to the Limited are probably in the works even now as far as final decisions. And with the economy the way it is, Canadian pricing/exchange rates are in a state of flux.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530