Joing the Edge Club

DoubleEdged

Hi all,

Just discovered this forum today! We purchased our 2008 Redfire AWD Limited Edge last Friday! The dealer says that it will take up to six weeks for delivery. I am going to get the VIN from the dealer in order to track the production of my Edge in Oakville. After driving an Explorer for 8 1/2 years, I am really looking forward to getting behind the wheel of our new Edge! I'll admit that I was immediately impressed with the Edge when it was released last year - it just struck me in terms of design and appeal. I love the styling and the feel. I drove one for a week while on vacation in Florida last month and really enjoyed the overall experience - I found it performed very well. Can't wait to try out all that new technology too! I'm guessing it takes a while to figure out the Sync system.

Does anyone know how the PIN discount works, or how much of a discount you actually get? I am awaiting a PIN from a friend whose father worked at Ford. I was told by the dealer that any Ford rebates/discounts that come into effect between the purchase and delivery of the vehicle apply to the sale price. I'm waiting for the PIN to verify that this is true - I didn't want to let the dealer know that I might have a PIN in order to ensure that I got the best deal.

Hi all,

Just discovered this forum today! We purchased our 2008 Redfire AWD Limited Edge last Friday! The dealer says that it will take up to six weeks for delivery. I am going to get the VIN from the dealer in order to track the production of my Edge in Oakville. After driving an Explorer for 8 1/2 years, I am really looking forward to getting behind the wheel of our new Edge! I'll admit that I was immediately impressed with the Edge when it was released last year - it just struck me in terms of design and appeal. I love the styling and the feel. I drove one for a week while on vacation in Florida last month and really enjoyed the overall experience - I found it performed very well. Can't wait to try out all that new technology too! I'm guessing it takes a while to figure out the Sync system.

Does anyone know how the PIN discount works, or how much of a discount you actually get? I am awaiting a PIN from a friend whose father worked at Ford. I was told by the dealer that any Ford rebates/discounts that come into effect between the purchase and delivery of the vehicle apply to the sale price. I'm waiting for the PIN to verify that this is true - I didn't want to let the dealer know that I might have a PIN in order to ensure that I got the best deal.

Hi DoubleEdged. :D With the X-Plan, your Initial X-Plan Price (for Ford and Mercury vehicles) will be slightly below (approximately $25-$150) the actual "Factory Invoice Price". Generally speaking, the higher the MSRP, the bigger the savings below Invoice.

Keep in mind that with the X-Plan, the Dealer cannot tack on any of the fees they are so fond of adding on regular retail sales. Ford only allows a maximum $75 "Documentation Fee". All other fees and extra charges are forbidden. So your savings will be increased by the deduction of those fees

You will be eligible for the Incentives and Rebates in effect when your Edge arrives at the Dealership and you sign the Final Purchase Contract, not the ones in effect when you order the vehicle (unless they haven't changed).

When your friends father registers you for the PIN, you should ask him to also sign you up for the Ford MyPlan website. In this way you will have access to all of the rules and regulations for the Plan, along with pricing and other handy information. It is easy for him to do.

Also, you should let your Dealer know now that you are planning on using an X-Plan PIN, as Dealer participation is voluntary. A Dealer does not have to sell a vehicle on the Plan if they do not wish to. But if they are selling a vehicle on the Plan, they must follow Ford's rules and regulations. It should not be kept a secret until later. This way, you can have the Dealer show you the X-Plan pricing, and know exactly what your bottom line will be.

If the Dealer agrees to sell you the Edge on the X-Plan, ask them to print you a "VOC' (Vehicle Order Confirmation Sheet"). This "VOC" will have the X-Plan price clearly listed. Then when your Edge arrives at the Dealership, the Dealer will also receive the "Factory Invoice". The Factory Invoice has a box labeled "X-Plan". That price should match the X-Plan price on the "VOC". That is your X-Plan price, before any qualifying Incentives are deducted. It is a pretty clear cut and simple process. It is explained on the Ford MyPlan website, so again, have your friends father register you for the site.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I purchased my vehicle with my wifes x-plan from her employer. No hassles, no bargaining, i was showed the invoice price and the x-plan price together which showed the x-plan price 140.00 cheaper than dealer invoice. No funny business on the contract and all went well without a hitch. What a great way to buy a car. I also recieved 1850.00 in rebates to the price dropped even more. I tried to bargain the x-plan price lower, (what he hell it doesn't hurt to try), and i was told by the dealer that they cannot go one dollar above or below the x-plan price because if they do Ford will give then their kickbacks. Ford Co. wants all their partners to be well treated. Love our 08' SEL. Fun car, looks great and rides like a dream. I'm sure you will feel the same when you get yours. Congrats :rockon:

[

Thanks for the info! I just dropped by the dealer and picked up my VIN so that I can track production of my car. Also discussed the use of X-Plan/PIN which I received today from our friend. The Dealer told me that it would be applied when the vehicle arrives and we close the deal. I will look into the Ford MyPlan site -- didn't know that it existed. Thanks again for the great info! Can't wait to get my Edge :happy feet:

I was looking for a SUV or Crossover to replace my GAS GUZLING… Silverado! Fell in Love with the EDGE, in my case I was lucky and Found a 2007 AWD SEL with only 16,227 miles on it, has been traded to get a 2008, And I was able to get it at just at $20.000...And all certified, with full warranty. IT’S THE COPPER ONE! I love it!!! And the MPH sure beats the truck by a mile.

Anyway, just thought I would say “HI” to everyone! Keep on Edging! :hysterical: