Got mine yesterday

Jaak in TO

Got my 2008 Edge Limited AWD with Vista roof, navigation, 18" painted wheels, Tow Package in Creme Brule with Camel interior. This is replacing my 2003 Land Rover Disco SE-7 premium gas pig!!! Here in Toronto, Canada it was costing me $500 to $700 a month in Premium gas to go back and forth to work around 90 kilometers a day (55 miles or so).

I have had my eye on this truck for over a half year and was one of several I was looking at. From the Buick Enclave to the Mazda CX-9. Then lo and behold Ford had offered us the X-plan as or rather large firm (cable tv co) buys nothing but fords. Meet a salesman at the Toronto Auto Show who was a salesman ... but one who told the strait line and gave realistic expectations as to price as well as wholesale on trade-ins. I was treated fairly and with respect... so I went to him and he found one decked out as I wanted. Although the Deep Ink Blue was my first choice in colour, the Creme Brule was the only one available ... so I took it. I had seen a 2007 SEL in Creme brule one night which caught my eye ... so this colour is OK. :reading:

Thanks ... it does look nice. Unfortunatly we are in the middle of a huge blizzard and everything is getting snowed in. Wanted to spend some time looking the Edge over ... too busy clearing snow. :censored:

Hey Jaak. Congrats on the new Edge. I may be wrong, but I do not think the Edge is referred to as a "truck". I think it is known as a "crossover vehicle". My Edge is being built this Wednesday and I should have it a week after that.

Dave

Hey Jaak. Congrats on the new Edge. I may be wrong, but I do not think the Edge is referred to as a "truck". I think it is known as a "crossover vehicle". My Edge is being built this Wednesday and I should have it a week after that.

Dave

Well ... my invoice says it's a truck ... extended Ford Factory warrenty says it's a truck ... so ... :redcard: ... think they call it a CUV so it's not as hard to take ..... ;)

Edited by Jaak in TO

Ya should have test driven the AWD in the SNOW - this vehicle is awesome on slick roads... holds very well.. stops very well.....

Plenty of workout this weekend!!!

The unit is good ... I have to think different as my last ride was a LandRover Discovery and I liked to drive over snowbanks. Just need to do a slight attitude adjustment.