Ford Finance

When we purchased in late Feb we received a $1000 credit to finance with Ford Credit at 6.99%. Dealer stated & we read the loan paperwork, no penalty for early payoff. He even said he could get us 5.6% at our credit union later but we needed to keep the Ford loan for at least 90 days. I asked where it was written & he said it was not written on my contract.

Why is he wanting us to keep our loan with Ford for 90+ days? Does it have something to do with him getting a kickback from Ford credit > 90+ days? Not that it matters, for $1000 off I'll pay a bit more interest for 3 months. I'm just curious.

When we purchased in late Feb we received a $1000 credit to finance with Ford Credit at 6.99%. Dealer stated & we read the loan paperwork, no penalty for early payoff. He even said he could get us 5.6% at our credit union later but we needed to keep the Ford loan for at least 90 days. I asked where it was written & he said it was not written on my contract.

Why is he wanting us to keep our loan with Ford for 90+ days? Does it have something to do with him getting a kickback from Ford credit > 90+ days? Not that it matters, for $1000 off I'll pay a bit more interest for 3 months. I'm just curious.

I was told the same 90 days but it wasn't written anywhere. I refinanced mine after about 45 days. I have a good relationship with the salesman so I assume if it caused problems with their financials I would have heard about it. Ford Credit didn't question the payoff either.

I think that's just a standard thing that Ford Credit says but doesn't enforce.

• 3 weeks later...
can you explain these add-ons? I'm not sure what most of them are... bumper saver, door protectors?

by hitch do you mean the hitch itself, or a hitch cover?

all the mods are debated within the forum...bumper saver is a rubber pad that you glue to the top of the bumper to protect it from scratches as you load & unload thing in the "trunk"....door protectors are horizontal strips glued to door to keep neighboring cars from dinging you with their doors....hitch is a trail hitch...I added a Draw-Tite (sp)...took 30 mins, had to trim the heat shields a bit but did not have to cut the bumper...hitch fits below bumper. Trailer light kit ordered from seller on EBay...also made by Draw-Tite.