Possible answer to SYNC/Phone incompatability

dmagnus

When I took delivery of my new 2008 Edge Limited, I was very disappointed that SYNC was incompatable with my Verizon Treo 700w phone. It wouldn't load the address book, etc.

When I got home, I did some searching on the web and found JetWare http://www.jetwaremobile.com/

It seems the problem is with the various devices Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile that don't allow them to "talk" to SYNC.

I downloaded their small software install (you get a free trial), loaded it on my phone and, when I went back out to the car, it linked immediately with full capability and does so every time I get in the car. The only problem I have now is that, at random while driving, SYNC will dispaly a message that the phone has disconnected. When I look at the phone, it is fine. I have to re-attach the phone in SYNC and then it will work for a few more days.

• 4 weeks later...
When I took delivery of my new 2008 Edge Limited, I was very disappointed that SYNC was incompatable with my Verizon Treo 700w phone. It wouldn't load the address book, etc.

When I got home, I did some searching on the web and found JetWare http://www.jetwaremobile.com/

:banghead:

I have the exact setup/phone. My phone worked pretty well at first. People could hear me pretty well and my phone connected pretty consistently. I even had speed dials with the radio buttons (I don't have navigation system). I'm not sure if I tried to download my phonebook, but my speedials and incoming calls recognized who I was speaking with most of the time, so I probably did. Suddenly, I would get "Phone disconnected" probably within a minute or two of connecting, no matter what I did. Even tried deleting phone, resetting SYNC system to factory default and reconnecting everything...turned out my phone went buggy. Shorly after, my phone would not allow me to answer it, it just gave me one quick ring, showed caller id, and would not allow me to pick up the call. Verizon eventually replaced my phone with the same and it works again. :rockon:

...however, the system is far from perfect. :banghead: I wish I could get the text messages (can you?). Also, now my microphone in the car makes me sound like I'm underwater, even with all the windows & BAMR shut. I'm not sure where it's located. I hate going to the dealer, but I feel something is wrong with the microphone.

What's up with SYNC & Palm700w both running on windows, but they aren't totally compatible??? :finger: Come on guys! At least make your products work together!

Edited by 3stelle

• 1 month later...

I have a 2008 Ford Edge Limited and a Treo 700w. At first they could not pair the two at the dealership, but when I got home I figured out. There was no need to use the Jetware, as I had it on my phone and then removed it before pairing it with SYNC. The dealer got stuck in getting the pin number in as my Treo did not accept it. It turned out that I had to use the Treo's onscreen keyboard to input the numbers and that did the trick. I've only had my new car for a day but the phone connection works like a charm. It seems that my entire phonebook was downloaded to SYNC.