Ford to offer SmartLink OBD add-on for pre-17 models?

If anyone has questions regarding the Smartlink system for the Edge, post here. I work for a dealer, and we ended up with 10 of these by mistake.

FYI, it's up to each dealer whether they sell these. As in, the dealer has to agree to pay a fee to be a "selling dealer" for these, then they have to order them in quantities of 10. We were not enrolled in the program, but they sent them to us anyway (accidentally). They are registered to the dealership, meaning they can't be transferred between them. They also must be activated and installed by the dealer (if I remember correctly). There's an entire training course on these things on Ford's site.

It's somewhat funny that I see this thread, because we had a customer asking about these about 1-2 months ago. They had just barely been released at that point I believe. I thought about getting one for my Edge as well, but so far, haven't.

I got one from a dealer yesterday. They were supposed to get it setup today (I am doing the IDS part and they are doing the account side) and even though they are a trained dealer for some technical reason they were not able to get it set up today. Guess I have to wait....

• 8 months later...
On 7/22/2018 at 1:18 PM, jmr061 said:

I have mine up and running. Works perfect in the little bit of testing I have done. Many many options within the service to play with. Shock alarm settings, Geo-fencing, and on and on....link to owner's manual: http://docs.fordpasssmartlink.com/documents/ownersManual_FordPass_en-US.pdf

Sorry if I missed it, but could you tell us what it cost to purchase, install/setup, and monthly fees?