Looking for a good dealer in Toronto area

douyi

I went to my nearest ford dealer (Whiteoak Ford Lincoln Sales), they said except 0% financing there is no incentives in March, but there might be some in April. Plus they only give me 4.4% discount ( I want to choose a 08 limited with no options or replace clad rims with the aluminum one, the window sticker price is 40,444, they only give me 38,652, plus 299 administration fee, 199 anti-stolen and 200 some other fee, totally added up was 39,350 ). I don't think that is a good deal at all!

Even I love to drive an Edge, but if that's the only deal I can make, I'd rather go with Mazda, they give me a very good price on 08 CX-7 GT (Wife's pick), my monthly payment is only $700 for 6 years (after tax).

It would be grateful if somebody can recommend some better dealer around my area. I still like Edge a little bit more.

Hey... try Eastcourt Ford in Scarborough - they do a lot of volume - family buys from there... all had a good experience.. Ask for Margaret.

http://www.eastcourtfordlincoln.com/en/index.spy

Good Luck - PS could always try blueovalforums.com and get an X plan PIN price - which is 4% above invoice..

I had the A plan as my bro works at Oakville - so I just ordered from any dealer.

Edited by Edgy Girl

I went to my nearest ford dealer (Whiteoak Ford Lincoln Sales), they said except 0% financing there is no incentives in March, but there might be some in April. Plus they only give me 4.4% discount ( I want to choose a 08 limited with no options or replace clad rims with the aluminum one, the window sticker price is 40,444, they only give me 38,652, plus 299 administration fee, 199 anti-stolen and 200 some other fee, totally added up was 39,350 ). I don't think that is a good deal at all!

Even I love to drive an Edge, but if that's the only deal I can make, I'd rather go with Mazda, they give me a very good price on 08 CX-7 GT (Wife's pick), my monthly payment is only $700 for 6 years (after tax).

It would be grateful if somebody can recommend some better dealer around my area. I still like Edge a little bit more.

Hi douyi. :D Just an FYI, in case you should decide to try and get an X-Plan PIN (Friends and Neighbors Plan), and it is good news too! The pricing is actually better than "Edgy Girl" quoted you.

X-Plan pricing on Ford and Mercury vehicles will actually be slightly below Invoice price. Figure approximately $50 to $100 less than "Invoice". Plus, according to Fords Plan rules, the Dealer is limited to charging you a $75 maximum "documentation Fee", and can charge no other fees.

If you can get a PIN, it is a hard price to beat on your own.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Ooopss.. I should clarify - X plan is 4% higher than A plan price.. as I read the contract when I signed for my order..

A-Plan price (for Ford employees and immediate family) is as cheap as you can go.. no haggle, no fees, no delivery charges.. I think I paid the a/c tax - I also had no trade as I had a buyer for my old car.

PS -A plan is about $1000 below dealer invoice...

Edited by Edgy Girl

Got mine from White Oak through Wayne Morris. There are no incentives as the Edge is a good seller!!! I went to 5 dealers and they all came out the same price (due to my x-plan). The only deals were on the 07's and you had to take bank financing (9%) .... ouch.

If they drop the price or add an incentive ... the 0% turns into 3+% ... so there are no real savings. Wayne was the only one who offered sales service ... all others were not that interested in selling me an Edge ... go figure.

I met wayne at the Auto Show and he was the only one that was helpfull.

YMMV

Meadowvale Ford (Erin Mills/Brittania in Mississauga) was okay but it was a fleet buy. Very friendly, car was ready when promissed etc.. Not to good on the dealer prep (didn't figure out where the little rubber pads in the center console were supposed to go, floor mats sitting in the back etc..) but what do you expect when they make nothing on a fleet vehicle.

When I was looking at colours for my order Erin Mills Ford was very helpful and spent time with me even though they don't do fleet and knew they would not be handling my business. Depends on who you luck out and get when you walk in the door. (next "up" in dealer speak).

X plan sounds like the way to go if you want a Ford. The mazda is the same vehicle so if they are willing to deal and the wife likes it....!

• 4 months later...
Hey... try Eastcourt Ford in Scarborough - they do a lot of volume - family buys from there... all had a good experience.. Ask for Margaret.

http://www.eastcourtfordlincoln.com/en/index.spy

Good Luck - PS could always try blueovalforums.com and get an X plan PIN price - which is 4% above invoice..

I had the A plan as my bro works at Oakville - so I just ordered from any dealer.

Avoid East Court at all costs!!! They refused to service my '03 Marauder and ALL of the salesmen (and women) have no clue about the cars they try to sell! They tried selling me a Grand Marquis with a bent frame!!!

Try Heritage Ford-Mercury they are great people to deal with! Very nice staff and they KNOW there products well! PM me if you want to know what employee to go with!

I also would trust Twin Hills F-L.