Getting A Edge

Edge4JC

Hi Everybody!! I just ordered my 2008 Edge on Thursday. RED AWD. Completely Loaded!!! I can't wait. I have been reading the forum since last weekend and trying to get in the know on the Edge. Thanks for everybodys inputs. Will try and get my VIN number so I can track the process. How long will it take before they know the VIN?? Thanks in advance.

Each order from eash dealer is different. The key questions are:

Does the dealer have allocation for April production? (If not, then it will be longer.)

What priority did the dealer put on the order and are there other orders in the dealer's "order bank" with a higher priority? (Higher priorities generally get scheduled and built first.)

Did you order any commodities that are in short supply?

Assuming no problems with scheduling, you should know some status within 2 or 3 weeks. The Ford scheduling computers are updated on Thursday evenings. Call them at the end of March on Friday or Monday to see if they have any scheduling info from Ford. The salesperson won't know, so you will have to ask them to check their order input person for status. :shades:

Does the dealer have allocation for April production? (If not, then it will be longer.)

What priority did the dealer put on the order and are there other orders in the dealer's "order bank" with a higher priority? (Higher priorities generally get scheduled and built first.)

Assuming no problems with scheduling, you should know some status within 2 or 3 weeks. The Ford scheduling computers are updated on Thursday evenings. Call them at the end of March on Friday or Monday to see if they have any scheduling info from Ford. The salesperson won't know, so you will have to ask them to check their order input person for status. :shades:

I do know that he was replacing my order with a previous one to get it done quickly. My salesman is actually the sales manager so he did the actual ordering. He says 4 weeks. But I'm just anxious. I didn't even know you could check on vehicles this way until I started reading this forum. I don't know about the short supply question. He didn't say anything about that. So I will check with them next week. Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

hey cool hopefully they'll call me tomorrow... I ordered 2-3 weeks ago. I'm certain the fleet guy I dealt with entered it himself :shades:

the only difference between what I've read here is he told me 6-8 weeks, I know that meant total time including delivery but seems like he gave me the estimate on the high end. now, I'm just hoping no "rare" parts hold up the process. I haven't heard short supply on the equipment I spec'd

hey cool hopefully they'll call me tomorrow... I ordered 2-3 weeks ago. I'm certain the fleet guy I dealt with entered it himself :shades:

the only difference between what I've read here is he told me 6-8 weeks, I know that meant total time including delivery but seems like he gave me the estimate on the high end. now, I'm just hoping no "rare" parts hold up the process. I haven't heard short supply on the equipment I spec'd

Yeah, I can't wait either. I got a call from my salesman today that says my date for build was locked in. Meaning all the parts and in and available for build. That sounds good to me. I was told 4-6 weeks. I ordered on March 13. Good Luck.