Volume knob removal

Rafitis

Hello everyone! I'm looking for some advise on how to carefully remove the volume knob from the stock radio of my 2008 Edge limited.

I don't want to break it or damage it. I have and iPad mini with this extra strong magnets called "magbak". The idea, if you have seen how this magbak thing works, is to mount the iPad over the radio. It's almost like you have an aftermarket screen in the dash. My problem is that everything on the radio is almost flat but the volume knob.

I would like to remove it to see if I can replace it with something flatter or modify it to make it flatter.

So, if anyone has remove the knob before without damaging it, I will really appreciate your comments!

I don't think the knob itself is removable. Removing the two silver strips on each side of the console allows you to then remove the console bezel which is the whole center part that controls a/c and audio. The volume knob is an integral part of the bezel. Trying to remove just the knob might risk damaging the whole bezel. Proceed at your own risk.

• Like 1