• 10 months later...
The roof wont open. It began by not closing or stopping half way and then opening again. My husband took it to the dealer on Friday and they told him to come back on Monday. Since they don't have anyone who has ever worked on one. Has anyone had this problem?

I got my '07 Edge in April '07 and after a few months of owning my new vehicle I had a similar issue.

I openened the vista roof for my drive in to work to enjoy the beautiful morning air and sun. When I got to work, the roof would close 80% of the way then stop. If I pressed the button again, nothing would happen, then it wouldn't open again. I tried for a bit but was afraid to burn something out so I drove it directly to the dealership for repair.

Within 1 hour, I got a call stating that it was fixed. It ended up being a lack of lubrication (or at least that's what they told me). They lubed up both sides of the track and all was good. Seems like this was overlooked at the factory.

It's been fine since then...and I use my Vista roof regularly during the warm months. Hope this helps someone else.