Power Points

Can anyone confirm if the power points in the Edge cut-off when the engine is turned off?

I would think with the popular use of portable GPS units, MP3 players and cell phone chargers, it would cutoff when the engine is killed. Otherwise you'd have to pull out the adapter before exiting the car (not very convenient for that plug in the center console).

If they do stay live after the car is off, is there anyway to have the dealer change this? It seems like a throwback to 70s when you could lite up your Newport with a car lighter and no keys.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone confirm if the power points in the Edge cut-off when the engine is turned off?

I would think with the popular use of portable GPS units, MP3 players and cell phone chargers, it would cutoff when the engine is killed. Otherwise you'd have to pull out the adapter before exiting the car (not very convenient for that plug in the center console).

If they do stay live after the car is off, is there anyway to have the dealer change this? It seems like a throwback to 70s when you could lite up your Newport with a car lighter and no keys.

All my Ford power points stay on 24-7. Cig light goes on and off with key. why would you what to go back in time?

I can leave phone plugged into charge without key.

Come on you in the year 2007

• 3 weeks later...
All my Ford power points stay on 24-7. Cig light goes on and off with key. why would you what to go back in time?

I can leave phone plugged into charge without key.

Come on you in the year 2007

I also have a 2005 Mazda 3 in addition to my EDGE, the power points shut off when the key is off.