2015 with Led brake light harness colors- HELP!

vega

Hello all, trying to splice in a trailer harness. Working on the left light assembly which has five wires. Black, red, orange, green and brown. I am assuming that black is ground. Can anyone tell me what each is for? Need to pin down the turn signal, brake, and parking wires. I did a probe test with a 12 volt meter but I think the module is giving me weird readings. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Curt Industries makes a harness adapter which is plug-and-play for your 2015. It plugs into the two tail light harnesses, has the necessary controller to convert the 3-wire configuration to 2-wire and provides a standard 4-pin trailer plug for output. It's only $42 at Car-ID (their item #I68942645). That would be the safest way to provide output to your rack since it doesn't involve any cutting or splicing and it wouldn't damage any electronics.

I don't have the schematics for a 2015 and the colors you mention don't match the 2013. Since your meter gave inconclusive readings, you could try the old fashioned way... remove the lamp, get a 9-volt battery, connect the ground side to where the black wire was (safe to assume that's ground) then use a short piece of wire to test each of the other connections to see what they do (running lights, turn signal, brake, and backup). A 9-volt battery should be safe for most electronics but I take no responsibility for any damage.

• Like 1