08 Edge AWD in the snow!

anomatrix

The usual early spring snow storm hits Western Canada, after a period of near 20C heat, and the result is a landscape covered in nearly half a foot packed of the white stuff. Temp's outside are approx -10. It's still blowing out after 24 hours, and calling for 48 hours more of it. The local military base is even shutting down for the day after 2 hours of work.

Alberta does not use salt on the roads, salt water freezes after -12C, so we get a mix of about 10% salt and 90% sand. In Edmonton, you're lucky if the plows have hit the streets in the first 24 hours. And they don't normally do residential areas at all. As a result, the main roads at this time are filled with crumbly snow pack or heavy drifts.

I live in downtown, right on the river valley hill. In the new 08 Edge Limited AWD and just loving it. Point the wheel and give it some gas, it goes. The braking is very predictable as well, even with the 20"er's. Hits drifts and the crumble snow pack on the roads easily, the traction control and auto-AWD are invisible execpt for the results - turn and go. Very little slide at all. All the while maintaining 16L/100Km.

I'll have to get some pics, this is just great!

The usual early spring snow storm hits Western Canada, after a period of near 20C heat, and the result is a landscape covered in nearly half a foot packed of the white stuff. Temp's outside are approx -10. It's still blowing out after 24 hours, and calling for 48 hours more of it. The local military base is even shutting down for the day after 2 hours of work.

Alberta does not use salt on the roads, salt water freezes after -12C, so we get a mix of about 10% salt and 90% sand. In Edmonton, you're lucky if the plows have hit the streets in the first 24 hours. And they don't normally do residential areas at all. As a result, the main roads at this time are filled with crumbly snow pack or heavy drifts.

I live in downtown, right on the river valley hill. In the new 08 Edge Limited AWD and just loving it. Point the wheel and give it some gas, it goes. The braking is very predictable as well, even with the 20"er's. Hits drifts and the crumble snow pack on the roads easily, the traction control and auto-AWD are invisible execpt for the results - turn and go. Very little slide at all. All the while maintaining 16L/100Km.

I'll have to get some pics, this is just great!

I'll have to agree...I live in the west end of Edmonton and have had no problems getting around at all. All the while looking at fender benders and people sliding through lights and failing to make turns. 10 out of 10 for my Edge and snow.