Ordered 3 Weeks Ago

Blueice

Ordered a new SEL three weeks ago and time sure is going by slowly. Got the Ice Blue with Camel leather. I read on one of the other forums where someone said the Ice Blue is an old persons color so I guess I qualify. Went through the order process because I really didn't want all the fancy horns and whistles that the dealer seems to pack into their selections on the lots. All I wanted was leather, 18" painted aluminum wheels and the towing package. Everything else was already on the SEL model. John

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's five weeks now and still the order has not been processed. Dealer said there was a mixup on one of the codes when the vehicle was originally ordered, something about 110A and should have been a 110B, whatever that means. Also can't understand why it took five weeks to find out there was a problem, sounds like someone dropped the ball. So here I sit and wait until I hear something. FORD YOUR NOT STARTING OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT..........

Edited by Blueice

Well it's five weeks now and still the order has not been processed. Dealer said there was a mixup on one of the codes when the vehicle was originally ordered, something about 110A and should have been a 110B, whatever that means. Also can't understand why it took five weeks to find out there was a problem, sounds like someone dropped the ball. So here I sit and wait until I hear something. FORD YOUR NOT STARTING OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT..........

Gosh that is a shame!!! It took 5 weeks for mine to come in when ordered!!! It didn't take but a few days for me to get a VIN #. So ask for it and then start tracking it on BlueOvals. It makes it alot for fun and faster!!! You know right where you stand.

Gosh that is a shame!!! It took 5 weeks for mine to come in when ordered!!! It didn't take but a few days for me to get a VIN #. So ask for it and then start tracking it on BlueOvals. It makes it alot for fun and faster!!! You know right where you stand.

I call or stop in and talk to the salesman at least once a week. He and I have gotten to be friends..... There must be a problem in Detroit, because he and his sales manager keep trying to get information on this order.

Finally got a vin number from the dealer on 16 May. Found out the vehicle order date was 05/06/08. That's amost a month since it was originated at the dealership. Some problem involving one of the codes (110A vs 110B). Have no idea what that means. Been told by the dealership that the delay was on the Detroit end. :angry:

• 1 month later...

Well, it finally arrived yesterday, 11 weeks from the original order. I'd complain but it looks so nice that I just can't. The Ice Blue and the camel leather interior is a great combination. Got the 18" painted aluminum wheels and it came with the Michelin tires so it rides very smooth.

post-3535-1213985417_thumb.jpg