REPORT YOUR COMPLIANTS!!!!

Always_smile1st

:finger: Let your voice be heard........

Not saying you will also experience problems with your Edge like I have. Just to give you some of my issues. I have a 2007 Edge FWD purchased new this year. A few of my concerns are: Oil leaks, Transmission issues(car getting stuck is gears), rollback while driving and you are on an incline(My Edge does not HOLD), major paint issues where some of the areas not painted at all or some of the painted areas is wrinkled. FUMES!!! That’s right FUMES entering into the cabin (My guess is it might be a coolant leak due to the smell). Also, my Edge is not running smooth, sometimes it feels like I am driving a jeep and the car also continues to drift to the right.

I have taken my Edge to the dealership time and time again, and on just about all the issues the dealership gave me their famous words: "TEST DROVE AND WAS UNABLE TO DUPLICATE" I even contacted Ford motor company directly and all they did was back the dealership without question. Heaven forbid the dealership missed something!

The last words Ford gave me were: Go to the BBB! (Better Business Bureau)I purchased the 2007 Ford Edge SEL new this year in Feb. of 2008 from a local dealership here is Dallas, Texas.

So if you’re having problems or concerns come up, make sure you report your complaints so you are heard and contact your local dealership to see if you get the same famous words I have: "TEST DROVE AND WAS UNABLE TO DUPLICATE"

YOU CAN START REPORTING YOU’RE COMPLAINTS TO

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

http://www.consumeraffairs.com

http://www.carcomplaints.com/

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!!!!

Hi Always_smile1st. I copied and pasted this from my other reply to your other post (don't remember which one anymore, since there are so many) concerning this ongoing problem.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

To begin to address them in the proper manner, take a look at the Warranty booklet that should have been given to you when you purchased your Edge. If you can not find it, you can download it here: LINK: Warranty Information. Just click "Warranty" in the left menu, then fill in the drop down boxes to the left with your vehicle information.

The Warranty Booklet lays out a precise process of the steps to take if your Dealership can not resolve your problems.

If necessary, you will need to begin the Lemon Law process on your vehicle. The thing is, you need to initiate this process. Neither the Dealer nor Ford will "usually" volunteer the information after the fact (although they did hand all of us the information in a booklet when we purchased our new vehicles).

Following the procedure outlined in the Warranty Booklet will get you further (and get you there quicker) than an Internet letter writing campaign.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530