Antenna

vinnieg

FWIW, I got a GREAT stubby antenna (you can search here on the forums for the full details if you wish) from these guys at Mango Walk - they have all kinds of antennas of all kinds of sizes and styles.. might chek them out. My stubby was no signal loss for me.. but I live in an area with lots of and strong signals..

Edited by Lex Talionis

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it.. when I click on their link they're all "dummy" antennas it seems like. I'm interested in a stubby, I want to know how easy they are to install?

Edit: oh, oh I think I get it. so you guys just installed the stubby on the factory base right? so I guess that is the way to go. I'll definitely have to pick out the one I like best and go that route. it beats the long factory one with the wire wrapped around it :)

Edited by bri719

I don't get it.. when I click on their link they're all "dummy" antennas it seems like. I'm interested in a stubby, I want to know how easy they are to install?

Edit: oh, oh I think I get it. so you guys just installed the stubby on the factory base right? so I guess that is the way to go. I'll definitely have to pick out the one I like best and go that route. it beats the long factory one with the wire wrapped around it :)

see this it will convince you to get a stubby :)

• 2 weeks later...

today I decided (on my own.. ha) to order the stubby antenna. despite my forgetfulness I managed to remember to measure the stock one before posting and it's 11", or as Lex you said on the other thread 11.5".. much longer than I realized. so I want one just over half to make sure I still get excellent reception which I guess would be in the 6" range - give or take an inch.

thanks for the link to that other thread... I just stumbled across it a minute ago while using the Search box feature. those are the same guys I was planning to order from based on your earlier recommendation here, so glad to hear your experience was good!

I'll let you know how it turns out when I get mine and install it (I like that it's literally a 20 second job) :)