DIY EDGE SPORT

I recently purchased an all black edge with black interior and red accents and 20 inch factory wheels. Love the truck but I needed more. So I lowered it with H&R springs about 1.5 inches and dramatically changed the way it handles. Next I added a Wheelskin Euro steering wheel cover, red on top and bottom, and black on the side. It matches the red inserts of the sport seat package perfectly. Takes about 45 minutes to sew on by hand but worth it. Next I put on some tires and wheels I had in my garage from an Escape I had sold. They are Black ARI 18" rims (BBS copy) and 255/50/18 Kumho Ecsta STX tires. These are about 2 inches wider than the Pirellis so its kind of go cart in the feeling. Last on the mod list is the SCT tune which on 93 octane just woke the truck right up. It just leaps to your input and turns on a dime.

I am going back to the 20's because I don't have the sensors built in and the 18's are about an inch shorter so I would have to reprogram the computer. So back in the garage they go. If you want them and live near me in New York City (shipping tires is a pain) let me know. They have about 3000 miles on them, in great shape and I would let the wheels and tires go for $400.

I recently purchased an all black edge with black interior and red accents and 20 inch factory wheels. Love the truck but I needed more. So I lowered it with H&R springs about 1.5 inches and dramatically changed the way it handles. Next I added a Wheelskin Euro steering wheel cover, red on top and bottom, and black on the side. It matches the red inserts of the sport seat package perfectly. Takes about 45 minutes to sew on by hand but worth it. Next I put on some tires and wheels I had in my garage from an Escape I had sold. They are Black ARI 18" rims (BBS copy) and 255/50/18 Kumho Ecsta STX tires. These are about 2 inches wider than the Pirellis so its kind of go cart in the feeling. Last on the mod list is the SCT tune which on 93 octane just woke the truck right up. It just leaps to your input and turns on a dime.

I am going back to the 20's because I don't have the sensors built in and the 18's are about an inch shorter so I would have to reprogram the computer. So back in the garage they go. If you want them and live near me in New York City (shipping tires is a pain) let me know. They have about 3000 miles on them, in great shape and I would let the wheels and tires go for $400.

Those springs really intrigue me. They make the vehicle look really nice. However, I am not willing to sacrifice a nice soft ride (I'm over 50) for better handling. I'm sure it handles better, but how does it "ride" in everyday driving and differing road conditions?

Do you have any idea what the factory spring rate is? Do you know what the spring rate of you new springs are? Have you heard of anybody cutting a little of the stock springs? I've done that before with great results and I can have your stock springs if I screw mine up . Right?