sun roof rattle noise, cooled seats

Hello,

i read many topics on the same two issues but i got lost as there is many, so i appologize if it seems repeated

i have the sport trim of the Edge 2016, its still new as it was purchased from the dealer one month ago zero kilometers,

i sent it to the delaer one week after driving due to the rattle and creking noise fron sun roof and also minor rattle sound that was coming from the center console, after ten days of repairing (as per the feedback, they remove the moving part of the sunroof and realign it, and also remove the center console covers and re-install it), yet the creak sound from the sunroof is still existing and seems to come from the back side (the sound anyway disappear if the sunroof is open), it lighter than before but still existing,

I'm not sure if washing the car have something to do with that, when I collect the car from the agent after repair there where no sounds but I drive it only like for 30 minutes as I was traveling, came back after 4 days and drove the car for washing also without noticing the sound but few hours later it started to appear again,

also the rattle sound from the center console is still existing but anyhow its minor,

so is there is any ideas or a fix solution i can do by myself?

and regarding the cooled seats, i never tried the heating option but the cooling is only cooling the buttoms whitout the back area of the seat, i read a lot about it but i got more confused, so is the cooling only for the bottom part or it shall also include the back part?, also I noticed that the passenger seat is cooling more faster than the driver seat like when I turn the cooling the passenger with me will feel it instantly while it will take like 3 minutes for me to feel it (on the high speed for both).

i attached a video for the sunroof noise (before the repair by the agent)

thanks in advance

Your sunroof:

Hard to tell from the video what exactly the noise is. I had a noise from mine on the left side toward the front. Was more of a buzzing noise. I fixed it by shoving foam in the headliner until it stopped. That is pretty much my fix for any rattles that occur in the car. Have someone else drive, find the rattle, remove the culprit and shove some foam or felt in there.

The cooled seats:

Im working on this one currently. The seat bottom and back rest are supposed to heat and cool. To be sure things are connected and working, test out the heat function. If you feel the heat on your butt and back, everything is working as it should. The reason you would feel the heat over the cooling, the heat is more efficient. Unfortunately, the dealer is not going to fix this for you unless it is actually broken. If you want the seat cooling to perform as best as possible, you're going to have to DIY. Ive done some research, most of it in the service manual, and found a fix on the F-150 forums.

Here is the website to the fix. I ordered the kit as well and am just waiting for it to arrive. He does a great job of explaining how everything works too. http://seatguru.wixsite.com/fordseatfix Before I ordered I took apart the back rest of the passenger seat to see how easy it is to get in there. You're able to get to the blower assembly with minimal disassembly to the upholstery. Just open the bottom of the seat back

As to why one seat bottom cools better than the other, one thing I've noticed is it depends on what im wearing. If I wear sweat pants or gym shorts, I feel it right away. If I wear jeans or khakis, it takes longer to feel it, if I feel it at all. This could be your issue. But it may be worth checking under your seat to make sure everything is connected.

Edited by tmarsh
  • Like 2