Anyone know reason for new 18" prem painted wheel price adjustment?

chadgt

While checking online dealer inventories today around my area, I now see two dealers who have very recently (within a week) gotten in new Edge SELs, with the 18" premium painted aluminum wheels, which are the only rims I'm considering (due to 18" chrome wheel problems mentioned on here), however on the sticker now, immediately below the $575 option price, it has a 18" premium wheel adjustment of -$355, resulting in an actual price of only $220 for these tires/rims. Anyone know the story on this? Just curious.

Thanks,

Chad

Edited by chadgt

likely.. as in my case.. that car did not come with those wheels, they put them on, and then have to adjust the price as the 18" pp are technically less expensive.

In my case, it was a 490 credit to me when I negotiated out of the stock chrome clad into the 18" pp.

maybe, they are kicking back less of a price, but it still is a better deal than taking those icky chrome clads

The SEL that my premium wheels came off of showed $575 for the wheels I did not notice an adjustment.

They swapped them for me on my limited and since I bought on the x-plan they wouldn't come off the price of the vehicle but

they did add another $500.00 to my trade.

I am with Lex I would have paid the money anyway to swap the wheels I hate the chrome clads even if they didn't have problems.

I love the way my copper limited looks with the premium painted wheels.